any website that allows social interaction; a portal for entertainment and communication examples:...
of 10 /10
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Any website that allows social interaction; a portal for entertainment and communication Examples: FACEBOOK, TWITTER, VINE, BLOGSTER, INSTAGRAM, TUMBLR, SNAP CHAT, REDDIT, YOUTUBE
- Slide 4
- Staying connected Making new friends Sharing pictures, videos, music Enhanced creativity Growth of ideas Expanded networks Fostering self-identity Collaboration on homework or group projects Exchanging ideas What else can you think of?
- Slide 5
- Limited capacity to self-regulate Susceptibility to peer pressure Cyber bullying Privacy issues Internet addiction Sleep deprivation College Acceptance Sexting Facebook depression Employment opportunities What else can you think of?
- Slide 6
- Collective, ongoing record of ones web activity. What goes online, stays online!
- Slide 7
- Most Advertisers take advantage of social media users by putting ads everywhere! There are many forms of advertising techniques used to get your attention! They find YOU based on YOUR searches Ads targeted based on web-browsing behavior
- Slide 8
- Ads that focus on the way things used to be, the good ol days. Ads that make you want to buy or do something because others have it or are doing it. Ads that use sounds or pictures to appeal to your senses.
- Slide 9
- Ads that use famous people to sell a product. Ads that make you laugh so you will remember the product.
- Slide 10