1 soil pollution soil pollution is the introduction of substances, biological organisms, or energy...
Embed Size (px)
TSoil & Pollution
• Soil pollution is the introduction of substances, biological organisms, or energy into the soil, resulting in a change of the soil quality, which is likely to affect the normal use of the soil or endangering public health and the living environment.
• Soil contamination is caused by the presence of XENOBIOTIC chemicals or other alteration in the natural soil environment.
SOURCES OF SOIL POLLUTION
• Human and Animal excreta• Organic Insecticides &
Pesticides• Chemical Pollutants • Radioactive Substances• Urban Wastes• Industrial Pollutants• Absorption of Toxic Metals
Plastic packaging and plastic rings,Plastic bags for more plastic things,Plastic bottles for the water you drink,But plastic causes death so stop and think!
• Water mixed with human excretes, sewage and sludge kills the microorganism and reduces the fertility of soil.
• Garbage, sludge and dead animals create bad odor which causes chronic diseases.
• Urban solid wastes such as rubbish, broken articles etc obstruct the public passage.
• Pesticides seep gradually through the soil and contaminate the underground drinking water storage.
• Hazardous substances can indirectly affect the food
chain and thus the entire ecosystem.5
Control of Soil Pollution
• Prevention of soil erosion and degradation by forestation.
• By using fewer pesticides and bio fertilizers.
• Zooming farming.
• Bioremediation: treatment process that uses microorganisms to break down hazardous substances.6
• Noise pollution can defined
as unwanted or offensivesound that unreasonablyintrude into our daily
• Noise pollution is excessive,
displeasing human, animal, or
machine-createdenvironmental noise thatdisrupts the activity or
balance of human or animal life.
Sources Of Pollution
• Industrial sources.(grinding, cutting, pressing, welding
• Non-industrial sources.(traffic, loudspeaker, Construction
Effects Of Noise Pollution
Effects of noise
Loss of Working efficiency
Noise Pollution Level & Its Harmful Effects
NOISE LEVEL (in dB) EFFECTS
Upto 30 Almost No Disturbance
30-60Tension, Psychological Effects
Illness, Heart Problems
60-90Disturbance In Stomach, Pain In Muscles, High Blood Pressure,
60-120Severe Health Problems and
Above 120 Painful Effects in Long Run12
Control of Noise Pollution
• Control at the receiver’s end
• Suppression of noise at source
• Creating silence zone
• Sound insulation• Planting of trees• Legislative
Look Outside, see the treesWatch the flowers in the breeze
Things won't be like this in a year or twoIf polluting is all we do so wake up people
Show the world what you can do.