14 generics and iterators
Click here to load reader
Post on 26-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Generics & Iterators Programming in C# [email protected]
- What is generics?
- What is generics? ensure type-safety the compiler will validate types while compiling, and throw an error if you try to assign the wrong type to a variable.
- Benefits No Casting, and Boxing Increased Performance Ensured strongly-typed Model Reduced run-time errors
- Namespace for Generics System.Collection.Generic
- Namespace for Generics
- Implementation https://gist.github.com/2499823
- Constraints https://gist.github.com/2505556
- Inheriting generic classes
- Generic Methods virtual override abstract https://gist.github.com/2507425
- Generic Interfaces https://gist.github.com/2506990
- Generic Interface Constraints https://gist.github.com/2507482
- Question? https://gist.github.com/2507914
- Iterators is a way of navigating through the values in a collection. specify the way values are generated when the foreach statement accesses the elements within a collection.
- Benefits Perform Simplified Iteration Return Infinite values Reduce Complexity Save Memory
- Implementation https://gist.github.com/2507655
- Question? What is the difference between IEnumerator and IEnumerable?
- Question? What is the difference between IEnumerator and IEnumerable? IEnumerable public IEnumerator GetEnumerator(); IEnumerator public object Current; public void Reset(); public bool MoveNext();