3 fundamentals of a successful social selling strategy
out of 73
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSocial media provides both an opportunity and an impediment to many sales professionals. But the job will be easier if you keep these three fundamentals in mind!
- @MARKWSCHAEFER social selling 3 fundamentals of a successful strategy
- Hi. Im Mark W. SCHAEFER. An author. Blogger. Marketing consultant. College educator.
- ONE OF THE MOST PERVASIVE MANTRAS ON THE SOCIAL WEB IS
- DONT SELL.
- SURE, YOULL LOSE FRIENDS
- IF YOU SPEND YOUR DAYS SHILLING ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
- IF YOU SPEND YOUR DAYS SHILLING ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER. (please. dont be that guy.)
- BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO SELL. (especially if your job is in sales.)
- AND IM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN DO JUST THAT ON THE SOCIAL WEB.
- Here are 3 fundamentals for success in social selling.
- Tear down the digital divide. 1
- Social media is the most powerful personal networking opportunity ever created.
- Heres the problem, though.
- A lot of sales people forget what made them successful in the offline world
- becoming mindless tweet machines.
- becoming mindless tweet machines. Must tweet all the things!
- Approach digital relationships
- the same way you approach human ones.
- after all
- there are still humans behind those little twitter profile pics.
- there are still humans behind those little twitter profile pics. @markwschaefer @Jessostroff @geoffliving HERES PROOF
- HUMANS! THEY DO EXIST! @Jessostroff @geoffliving@markwschaefer
- Social media is an extension of you
- Your personality
- Your personality your interests
- Your personality and the qualities that already make you a great salesperson. your interests
- Dont treat people differently online vs. offline.
- Connect in a human way.
- adopt the social media mindset. 2
- When most people start on the social web, they see it as
- another place for their ads & press releases.
- People are on the social web
- as an escape from your ads & press releases.
- You need a new approach
- something i call
- The Social Media Mindset
- The Social Media Mindset 65 meaningful content targeted connections authentic helpfulness
- Heres a snapshot of how this works online.
- Meaningful content 65 Drives awareness and connection on the web.
- targeted connections become our network to ignite our content.
- authentic helpfulness causes people to seek out companies, brands and people on the web. (not advertising)
- Combining all three? 65 meaningful content targeted connections authentic helpfulness + + =
- Tangible Business Benefits
- Think of it as social helping instead of social selling.
- Think of it as social helping instead of social selling. (Trust me, this really works!)
- align with sales success factors. 3
- The wonderful thing about social media is
- it can align itself with the very things that make you successful
- in your human business relationships.
- Tuning into customers needs
- Social media lets you get a real sense of what your customers need help with.
- Being responsive
- Social media lets your customers know that youre always there if they need help.
- Acting proactively
- If you pay attention to your social stream, you will find ways to help your customers before they even ask.
- Building Integrity & Trust
- Social media lets you build a network and show people just how valuable you are.
- Lets also be clear and honest about something.
- Social Selling does not necessarily align with quarterly sales goals.
- Social Selling does not necessarily align with quarterly sales goals. (Sorry to burst your bubble.)
- Building relationships rarely aligns with a set timeframe!
- You need to think of social selling opportunities
- the same way you think of networking At a live conference or industry meeting.
- The payoffs are in the connections you make
- And that takes time to develop.
- Still with me? Good.
- Still with me? Good. Lets recap.
- Fundamentals of a Successful Social Selling Strategy3 1 Tear down the digital divide. 2 Adopt the Social Media Mindset. 3 Align your Social Media Presence with Sales Success Factors.
- Its all in my book, The Tao of Twitter. Click here to Buy Now Learn how The social media Mindset can change your life and business!
- Content by @markwschaefer Design by @sarahsmason businessesgrow.com/blog uncommonlysocial.com/ services/presentation-design Click a Link and Say Hello Online!
- THANKS! typography Komika Title Paint Flickr images Robots Only Eat Old People by mark Strozier Untitled by Thomas Leuthard Singularity University NL: Man versus Machine - Biology versus Technology by Sebastiaan ter Burg Entrepreneurs Doing Their Thing by Christopher Michel dora dora 2 by Phillpe Put Malaysia_Borneo_Sabah_147 by Jason Jones 140321-N-IP531-072 by Naval Surface Warriors WDS2014-0436 by Chris Guillbeau