aie sheet... · presentation 1a the outline includes but is not limited to: • sketching with...
Embed Size (px)
AIEIndustrial and Product DesignCertification
Duration: Full Time• 10 months (5 Sessions/Week, 3:00 hours each, class times are between 08:30 – 12:00 or 12:30 – 16:00)• All hours are achieved via your study duration at the institute and project-based assignments.
*Sessions will be grouped together to lower cost of traveling, however, in some cases classes may not follow this convention and schedules are subject to change. Online• Online = 10 Months (Online live Q&A classes, once/week, 17:00 - 18:00)• Hours are obtained through a combination of live virtual Q&A sessions, pre-recorded video lectures and project-based tasks.
Join the exciting makers movement that is freeing designers from all levels to scratch their creative itch. Take charge of the world around and design your future with this unique and modern Industrial and Product Design Certification. This program will introduce you to the process of design and develop your expertise in industrial engineering product design and equip you with the necessary skills to start and run your own business in this rapidly growing industry. Taking you from concept to creation, the programme will introduce you to the development and production through a practical, hands-on curriculum that exposes you to a wide range of product types and processes. It takes a modern approach by exposing students to several new and emerging developments and concepts in the manufacturing field, specifically looking at how new disruptive technologies and paradigms are influencing the field including rapid prototyping, 3D printing, CnC Milling, de-centralised lean manufacturing and the influence of the 4th Industrial revolution on design process. You never know, the next unique product on the market might be yours!
Admission Requirements • NQF 3 or Grade 11 with English as your home/first language
Mode of Delievery Full Time/Part-Time/Online
What you get This programme is designed to provide the student with multiple certificates and qualifications, both locally and internationally recognised by industry for maximum employability.
On completion the student will earn: • Industrial and Product Design Certificate • Autodesk Certified Training Centre Certificate for each Autodesk course completed. • Adobe Certificate for each Adobe course completed. • Certificate from Learnfast via the Project Management Institute
Features and Benefits
• The programme integrates multiple leading CAD/CAM/CAE software including AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Fusion 360 and Autodesk Sketchbook, accepted by industry at the value of thousands of Rands, a critically advantageous consideration for any employer when considering new designers.
• Scarce and beneficial product design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator was added to further maximum employment success.
• Scarce industry skills such as Project Management and others was added to further maximum employment success.
• Get access to the full software suites of Adobe (for 1 year) and Autodesk (for 3 years) with no limitations and restriction to any functionality, all included in the price.
• Through our myWay learning methodology, a unique and modern approach to blended learning we deliver our programmes via flexible study method options including class-based sessions and blended learning for online student. • For online students, we ensure that you are supported by technology and people throughout your academic journey. We focus on a blended learning approach, combining online Virtual Classrooms, at home exercises, activities and project-based assignments bundled with fully developed video lectures, all managed by our student learning platform. • Our programmes are practical in nature that prepare the student for the working environment and suitable salary expectations. • Job placement assistance through our industry network and online recruitment portal.
For more information, please contact a student advisor:
Gauteng: 011 262 5115 l Cape Town: 021 000 [email protected] l www.aie.ac
As part of our commitment to helping you find a job after graduation, we go a step above by preparing you with networking techniques, a professional resume, and interviewing techniques so you have what you need to succeed. Career opportunities for graduates of this programme have been identified in entry-level positions in:
• Product Designer • Industrial Designer • Product Design Management • 3D Printing Specialist • Toy Design • Furniture Design • Packaging Design • Plastic Product Design
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Module 1: Business and Entrepreneurship in the Design field The outline includes but is not limited to: • Entrepreneurship • New venture creation • The start-up process • The growth stages • Maturing a business • Research Methods and Process
Module 2: Design Technology 1a The outline includes but is not limited to: • Material properties • New technology and smart materials • Wearable technology • Design paradigms in changing world
Module 3: Design Drawing and Presentation 1a The outline includes but is not limited to:
• Sketching with traditional hand sketching tools. • Sketching with Autodesk Sketchbook and sketching tablets.
Module 4: Design Theory The outline includes but is not limited to: • Design Theory • Creative Thinking • Principles of Design • Ergonomics in design
Module 5: Business and Project Management The outline includes but is not limited to: • Project Management and Processes in Context • Project Integration Management • Project Scope Management • Project Time Management • Project Cost Management • Project Quality Management • Project Human Resource Management • Project Communication Management • Project Risk Management • Project Procurement Management • Project Stakeholder Management • Business Strategy • Project Management • Business Information Systems • Business Communication • Human Resource Management • Outsourcing strategies
Module 6: Design Technology 1bThe outline includes but is not limited to: • Design for 3D printing • Designing and preparing for CnC Manufacturing • Traditional Manufacturing processes • New Manufacturing trends
Module 7: Design Drawing and Presentation 1b• AutoCAD Essentials, AutoCAD Advanced • Autodesk Inventor • Adobe Photoshop • 3D Product and Industrial Design with Autodesk Fusion 365
Module 8: Design History and Theory A study of Modern and Post Modern art and design styles, an overview of Furniture design history, designs of the Bauhaus era will give students a robust background and foundation of the design paradigms that are prevalent today. Further exploration of design in the era of disruptive Technology will assist the student in understanding the possible future elements that will have an impact on design
Salaries & SkillsSALARIES (ANNUAL)
Furniture Design R98,668 – R300,824
Packaging Design R73,336 – R825,960
Plastic Product Design R55,128 – R434,543
Furniture Design £19,245 - £38,734
Packaging Design £18,131 - £39,866
Plastic Product Design £19,876 - £40,543
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
• Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only). • Autodesk student licenses valid for three years. • Adobe student license valid for 1 year. • Stationary including, Notepad, Sketch pad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper • Electronic Study Guides • Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide. • Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets. • USB 64GB with all required software applications. • Sketching Tablet • Sketchpad and Copic Markers • Colouring Pencils
FREE Wi Fi