Click here to load reader
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONppt on aditya birala grasim,nagda
- ON ADITYA BIRLA GRASIM By ANURAGFARKYA At AMITYUNIVERSITYRAJASTHAN JAIPUR
- . Company Profile Grasim was incorporated on 25 August 1947, exactly 10 days after India achieved independence. Grasim is more than an Industrial enterprise. It is the symbol of INDIAS surge for economic and industrial liberation. Grasim is world largest producer of viscose staple fiber and edible oil and textile production. Established in 1947, Grasim Industries Ltd. Has displayed remarkable business acumen to grow both vertically and horizontally. Grasim has tapped opportunities as a result of its dynamic approach to emerge as a leading industrial giant of our country. Today, it is more than an industrial enterprise; it is a symbol of Indias search for economic and industrial liberalization. Starting as a textiles manufacturer in 1948, today Grasim's businesses comprise viscose staple fibre (VSF), cement, chemicals and textiles. Its core businesses are VSF and cement, which contribute to over 90 per cent of its revenues and operating profits.
- Group Profile Group companies GrasimIndustriesLtd. HindalcoIndustriesLtd. AdityaBirlaNuvoLtd. UltraTechCementLtd. Indian companies PSIDataSystems AdityaBirlaMinacsWorldwideLimited EsselMining&IndustriesLtd IdeaCellularLtd. AdityaBirlaInsulators AdityaBirlaRetailLimited BiharCausticandChemicalsLtd. Joint ventures BirlaSunLifeInsurance BirlaSunLifeAssetManagementCompanyLtd. BirlaSunLifeDistributionCompanyLtd. TanfacIndustriesLtd. International establishments Thailand Philippines Indonesia Egypt Egypt China Canada Australia Laos North and South America
- Grasim, Nagda Grasim is a flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group and is today a dominant player in the manufacturing of Viscose Staple Fibre (VSF), an extremely versatile textile fibre that has characteristics similar to cotton. Our unit was established in 1954 with production capacity of 15 TPD. The plant has grown organically with current installed capacity of 415 TPD. With use of entirely indigenous resources including raw materials, knowhow and equipment Grasim has emerged as one of the worlds most costefficient VSF producers. The manufacturing facility is located close to river Chambal at Nagda(M.P) a small town exactly mid-way on the rail route from New Delhi to Mumbai. The company has also established an engineering division to manufacture the plant and machinery used for producing VSF and is a major exporter to south east and far eastern countries.
- MAIN PRODUCTS OF GRASIM 1 Viscose staple fiber 2 Rayon grade pulp 3.Cement 4.Textiles 5 Sponge Iron 6.Chemicals
- Some Of The Products VSF TEXTILES
- Departments of Engineering Division 1.PPD (Project & Planning Department) 2.Fabrication shop 3.Machine shop 4.Assembly shop 5.EMT/MMT (Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance) 6.QA/QC (Quality Control & Assurance)
- PRODUCTS MADE IN ENG. DIVISION :- Reservoirs for propane-butane gas; Pressure vessels for air and nitrogen; Reservoirs for CO2; Ammonia receivers; Pressure vessels; Storage vessels for liquid gases, oils and other liquids; Heat-exchangers;
- PPD Project & Planning Dep. is defined as a method for the effective planning of all resources of a manufacturing company. Ideally, it addresses operational planning in units, financial planning, and has a simulation capability to answer "what-if" questions and extension of closed-loop.
- . Characteristic basic modules in an PPD system are: Master production schedule(MPS) Item master data (technical data) Bill of materials(BOM) (technical data) Production resources data (manufacturing technical data) Inventories and orders (inventory control) Purchasing management Material requirements planning(MRP) Shop floor control (SFC) Capacity planningor capacity requirements planning (CRP) Standard costing (cost control) Cost reporting / management (cost control)
- together with auxiliary systems such as: Business planning Lot traceability Contract management Tool management. Engineering change control Configuration management Shop floor data collection Sales analysis and forecasting Finite capacity scheduling (FCS)
- Fabrication Manufacturing processes such as fusion welding are widely used to produce many products, and for some companies, these are the key production features. Products may range from simple to complex; examples include pressure vessels, domestic and agricultural equipment, cranes, bridges, transport vehicles and other items.
- TYPE OF MATERIAL USED 1.MS-MILD STEEL 2.SS-STAINLESS STEEL 3.CS-CARBIDE STEEL
- TYPES OF WELDING PROCESS 1.SUBMERGED ARC WELDING 2.OXY-ACTELYENE WELDING 3.CARBON ARC WELDING 4.TUNGSTEN ARC WELDING 5.SHIELDED ARC WELDING
- MACHINES IN FABRICATION SHOP 1.BLANKING MACHINE 2.PUNCHING MACHINE 3.ROLLING MACHINE 4.PRESSING MACHINE 5.DRILLING MACHINE
- MACHINE SHOP LATHE PLANNING PLANO-MILLING VERTICAL TURNING & MILLING BORING RADIAL DRILLING
- TABLE LENGHT
- ASSEMBLY SHOP A Completely assembly is a presentation of a product or a structure put together parts in their operational positions. The separate parts come to the assembly department after their manufacturing are finished and in this department they are put together according the assembly drawings. Small machine be necessary during assembly process such as drilling, reaming, or hand finishing. For such cases, assembly include a note explaining the required operation and give the dimension for the alignment or location of machine part.
- QA/QC In order to guarantee the application of all the fabrication procedures and the required properties for the product, appropriate inspections and tests shall be implemented during the manufacturing process. Location and frequency of such inspections and/or tests will depend on the contract and/or product standard, on the welding process and on the type of construction.
- Raw material Final Product
- CONCLUSION I completed my practical training at ABG successfully. It was a great pleasure for me to getting practical knowledge and experience with an organization. I have tried my best to achieve that objective of this INDUSTRIAL TRAINING although it is open for further enhancement. 31