Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAdvanced Product Quality Planning
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Based on the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan Reference Manual Presented By Dr. Cecelia Venuk November 2009
- Objectives Understand the APQP Process Identify the inputs / outputs of the 5 APQP phases Understand APQP as a methodology for new product development
- What is Quality Planning? ? ? ?? ? ?
- The AIAG APQP ModelWhat is APQP? Advance Product Quality Planning is a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to assure that a product satisfies the customer. The goal of product quality planning is to facilitate communication with everyone involved to assure that all required steps are completed on time. Effective product quality planning depends on a companys top management commitment to the effort required in achieving customer satisfaction.
- Why Product Quality Planning?The bulk of cost of a product is committed at the early stagesof a development cycle even though they are not expendeduntil later.The cost of fixing a design and faulty decisions at later stagesis exponentially greater than at an earlier stage.The opportunity costs of being late to market are very high,ex., lower market share, lower margins.Cross-functional teams typically provide a better qualitysolution to complex dynamic product development problemsthan single individuals.Early simultaneous involvement in product development bycross-functional teams using structured development processsaves time and money over the product life cycle.
- Fundamentals of ProductQuality PlanningOrganizing the teamDefine the scopeTeam-to-Team CommunicationTrainingCustomer, supplier and subcontractorinvolvementSimultaneous Concurrent EngineeringControl plansConcern ResolutionTiming plan and chart
- Product Quality Planning Chart Concept ProgramInitiation/Approval Approval Prototype Pilot Launch Planning Planning Product Design and Dev. Process Design and Development Product and Process Validation Production Feedback Assessment and Corrective Action Plan and Product Process Product Feedback Define Design and Design and and Process Assessment and Program Development Development Validation Corrective Action
- 1.0 Plan and Define Program Inputs Objectives Concept Program Voice of the CustomerInitiation/Approval Approval Determine customer needs. - Market Research Define and plan a quality - Historical Warranty program. and Quality Information Planning - Team Experience Business Plan/Marketing strategy Product/Process Benchmark Data Product Reliability Studies Customer Inputs Outputs Design Goals Reliability and Quality Goals Preliminary Bill of Material Preliminary Process Flowchart Preliminary Listing of Special Product and Process Characteristics Plan and Product Assurance Plan Define Management Support Program
- Breakout Quality Planning Product Description: PPASS (Personal Portable Automotive Sound System)This is a new option for all mid to high price range vehiclesthat allows an individuals personal MP3 or IPOD system tobe integrated with the sound system of suitably equippedautomotive vehicles. This product is a universal MP3 / IPODholder combined with a short-range wireless link that hasalready been developed by the automotive industry.
- Breakout Quality Planning PPASS Design Goals & Parameters Dashboard will have a built-in wireless interface receiver that links with the any PPASS transmitter Must integrate with a wireless transmitter with a dimension of .5 X 1.0 X .2 Maximum holder dimension: 3 X 4.5 X 1.5 Universal fixture for 98% of all types of players Safely positioned in vehicle during vehicle operation, and is to be located within three (3) feet of the sound system. Robust materials of construction (portable) with an expected lifetime of 3 years Single neutral color go will all interiors
- 2.0 Product Design and Development Program Objectives Approval Prototype Inputs Develop design features and The outputs of Section 1.0 characteristics Review engineering requirements Assess potential manufacturing problems that could occurProduct Design and Dev. Outputs Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) Design for Manufacturability and Assembly Design Verification Design Reviews Prototype build Control plan Engineering Drawings Engineering Specifications Material Specifications Drawing and Specification Changes Product New Equipment, Tooling and Facilities Requirements Design and Special Product and Process Characteristics Development Team Feasibility Commitment and Management Support
- Breakout Quality PlanningDevelop a design for the PersonalPortable Automotive Sound System(PPASS) unit. Your team (4 to 6 people)has 20 minutes to:1. Design a fixture to safely hold a MP3 / IPOD and a sound system interface.2. Identify any special customer characteristics or concerns3. Identify the material specifications4. Identify any special tooling and equipment
- Inputs to Prototype Control Plan CONTROL PLAN SUMMARY Pre-Launch Production x PrototypeControl Plan Number Reference Key Contact/Phone Date (Orig.) Rev. Date (Revised)Part Number/Latest Change Level Part Name/Description Supplier/Plant Core TeamCustomer MACHINE, CHARACTERISTIC METHODS PART/ PROCESS NAME/ DEVICE, SPECIALPROCESS OPERATION JIG,TOOLS, CHAR. PRODUCT/PROCESS EVALUATION/ SAMPLE CONTROL REACTION CORRECTIVENUMBER DESCRIPTION FOR MFG. PRODUCT PROCESS CLASS SPECIFICATION/ MEASUREMENT SIZE FREQ. METHOD PLAN ACTION TOLERANCE TECHNIQUE Error proofing Other LSL TARGET USL#1 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 Outputs & Expectations: 1 Assure product meets specification 2 Ensure attention to process/product characteristics 3 Establish preliminary process/product characteristics 4 Communicate to the customer
- 3.0 Process Design and Development Prototype Pilot Objectives Inputs Develop comprehensive and The outputs of Section 2.0 effective manufacturing process Ensure process capability to meet customer requirements Outputs Packaging StandardsProcess Design and Development Product/Process Quality System Review Process Flow Chart Floor Plan Layout Characteristics Matrix Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) Pre-Launch Control Plan Process Instructions Measurement Systems Analysis Plan Process Preliminary Process Capability Study Plan Design and Packaging Specifications Development Management Support
- Breakout Quality Plann