athens and sparta
Post on 14-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Athens + Sparta By: Michaela and Amelia
- The jobs in Athens and Sparta included actors, artists, farmers, jewelers, land lords, merchants, miners, musicians, and priests.
- The terrain in Sparta and Athens were both rugged and mountainous.
4. Houses in Greece
- Most houses in Greece were small. The houses had gardens in the center like a courtyard. The houses were made out of mud bricks that crumbled away eventually.
5. Ancient Athens and Spartas economy
- Ancient Athens economy was bases on trading and culture.
- Spartas economy was based on agriculture.
6. Similarities and differences
- The differences were that the military in Sparta was more important than in Athens.
- The similarities was that both countries encouraged education.
- The difference between education in Sparta rather than in Athens was that people in Sparta thought the purpose of education was to produce a disciplined army. Where as in Athens the purpose of education was to produce well educated citizens.
7. Women's roles
- The woman role in Athens was that they stayed at home and cooked cleaned and sewed. They also cared for their children.
- The womans roles in Sparta was basically the same in Athens except they cared for their kids for a shorter amount of time because at age 7 their kids left to be trained as soldiers.
8. Where Athens and Sparta are located
- The Athens re located in the south.
- Most of Greece is rocky mountains, terrains, and few plains. Mountains stretch from north Greece to south.
9. What wars were they involved in??
- They were involved in the ionian, persien, and peloponnesien wars.
10. Spartan children
- If babies in Sparta if they are not strong enough they get left to die on a hill.
- Spartan boys are trained to be solders at 7 years old. They go with no shoes or food.
- Spartan girls go to school at age 7.
- Thanks for watching