avaya aura virtualiazed envirenment
of 7 /7
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The benefits of virtualization to IT organizations and the businesses they support include simplified IT management based on common software administration and maintenance, a reduced hardware footprint that lowers power consumption, capital equipment costs and operational expense, enhanced scalability to accommodate growth, rapid response to competitive threats and changing business requirements, increased reliability, availability and more robust disaster recovery. This white paper describes Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment, Avaya Aura UC applications installed on a VMware vSphere virtualized infrastructure. Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment Leveraging any compatible VMware data infrastructure, the Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment extends virtualization to support full UC collaboration and meets the customer demand to run Avaya applications on VMware- certified customer-owned servers. Existing Avaya Aura customers can utilize their own VMware architecture to upgrade the Avaya Aura Platform to the latest release. For customers who need additional capacity or application interfaces, Avaya Aura on VMware offers flexible expansion options. And, customers who want to migrate to the latest collaboration solutions will find the Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment an easy way to add the full Avaya Aura collaboration and mobility features with a reduced hardware footprint. Virtualized Environment Applications The Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment supports these components: Avaya Aura Communication Manager (simplex and duplex) Avaya Aura Session Manager Avaya Aura System Manager Avaya Aura Presence Services Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AES) Avaya Aura Utility Services avaya.com | 1 Avaya on VMware Resource Guide Avaya Aura and Customer Experience Virtualized Environment Table of Contents Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment ................................. 1 Virtualized Environment Applications ................................. 1 VMware Features and Requirements............................... 2 Avaya Virtual Application Manager......................................... 3 IP Office......................................... 3 Learn More.................................... 3 Appendix.......................................4 VMware Feature Compatibility .............................. 5 Avaya Mentor Videos ............... 6 References ................................... 6
- 2. avaya.com | 2 Avaya Aura WebLM Standalone (WebLM) Avaya Secure Access Link (SAL) Avaya Aura Messaging Communication Manager Messaging Avaya Aura Conferencing Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise Additionally Avaya offers Customer Experience Virtualized Environment (CEVE) which includes the following Call Center Applications as virtual appliances for VMware installation. Avaya Call Center Elite (with Communication Manager) Avaya Call Center Elite Multi-Channel Avaya Aura Experience Portal Avaya Call Management System (CMS) Deployment into the blade, cluster, and server (hardware)* is managed by vCenter or vSphere on a customer-provided infrastructure with VMware including VMware licenses. Software is delivered as a pre-packaged virtual appliance; the vAppliance contains application software and a Guest Operating System (GoS), pre-installed VMware tools for deployment on VMware ESXi 5.x, pre-set resource configuration details for RAM and CPU reservations, storage requirements, NIC, and other settings. The vAppliance template is built with configuration values that optimize performance for the suggested maximum number of users. Modifying these values can have a direct impact on performance, capacity, and stability of the virtual machine. A minimum patch level may be required for each supported application. VMware Features and Requirements All Avaya Aura products are VMware ready; therefore, each has received VMwares highest level of endorsement. At a minimum, the Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment requires VMware vCenter Server 5.x, VMware vSphere Client 5.x, and VMware ESXi 5.x Host, and supports a number of VMware features, including: VMware High Availability (HA): When VMware HA has been configured on an ESXi host on which an Avaya Aura Application virtual machine is installed, VMware HA moves Avaya Aura Applications to a standby host if the ESXi host fails. VMware vMotion: A process known as a hot-migration, this feature enables real time migration of running virtual machines from one ESXi host to another with zero downtime, resulting in continuous service and transaction integrity. * VMware supported hardware components and configurations should comply with VMwares detailed compatibility guide and all servers must be VMware hardware certified.
- 3. avaya.com | 3 Storage migration using vMotion: A VMware feature that moves virtual machine disk files from one data storage location to another, this feature minimizes end user disruption during migrations. VMware Snapshots: The snapshot feature preserves the state and data of a virtual machine at a specific point in time. Deployment Guides: The deployment guides offer details as to how to best utilize Snapshot within the VMware environment. Avaya Virtual Application Manager Avaya Virtual Application Manager is a virtual application, compatible with vSphere 5.x, that provides a simple, easy-to-use, management interface for installing and maintaining Avaya Aura virtualized applications. It is designed to support installation of any Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment (Release 1) and Customer Experience Virtualized Environment (Release 2) applications. IP Office Release 9.1 of IP Office Server version is also available as a OVA file for installation onto VMware operating environments. IP Office now supports ESXi 5.5. For more information see IP Office Release 9.1 Sales Toolkit Learn More For detailed information about the Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment, please see the appendix included with this white paper.
- 4. avaya.com | 4 Appendix Note: Interaction Center and POM have been tested with VMware and can be installed in a VMware system (ESXi 5.5), they do not offer OVA files for download.
- 5. avaya.com | 5 VMware Feature Compatibility Steps for the deployment of the Avaya Aura vAppliances based on VMware ESXi version 5 can be found in the individual application deployment guides listed below. Visit the Avaya Support website at http://support.avaya.com for documentation, product notices, and knowledge articles. Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment Solution Description http://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100167559 Avaya Aura Communication Manager Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171633 Avaya Aura Session Manager Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171689 Avaya Aura Presence Services Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171666 Avaya Aura System Manager Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100167516 Avaya Agile Communication Environment (ACE) Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100167550 Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AES) Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171734 Avaya Aura Utility Services Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171656 Avaya Aura WebLM Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100167520 Avaya Secure Access Link Virtualization Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100167509 Avaya Virtual Application Manager Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100179597 Avaya Aura Messaging Deployment Guide https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101004771 Avaya Aura Conferencing Deployment Guide http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100182326 Communication Manager Messaging Deployment Guide http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100180526 Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101001301
- 6. avaya.com | 6 Avaya Mentor Videos Visit the Avaya Mentor Videos website at: http://www.youtube.com/AvayaMentor and enter virtual appliance in the search channel field to view the list of available videos or click on the video links below. Avaya Aura Communication Manager Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98WHdOCFWEofeature=plcp Avaya Aura Session Manager Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxiJZj9wx0feature=plcp Avaya Aura Presence Services Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrXtuKmQ1Efeature=plcp Avaya Aura System Manager Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZogv44Rvkfeature=plcp Avaya Agile Communication Environment (ACE) Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHFUuCWs7EEfeature=plcp Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services (AES) Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfxFDQTa_Wwfeature=plcp Avaya Aura Utility Services Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxvsavFDwcQfeature=plcp Avaya Aura WebLM Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6fhKoTC-Ifeature=plcp Avaya Secure Access Link Virtual Appliance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzirlWrMkMsfeature=plcp References Avaya Application Deployment Guides Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment application deployment guide can be found at http://support.avaya.com Redundancy Options for Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment https://support.avaya.com VMware Hardware Compatibility Guide http://www.vmware.com/resources/guides.html VMware High Availability VMware High Availability: Concepts, Implementation, and Best Practices - http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMwareHA_twp.pdf Automating High Availability (HA) Services with VMware HA - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_ha_wp.pdf VMware vMotion VMware vMotion - http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-VMotion-DS-EN.pdf VMware Best Practices for ESXi 5.5 http://www.vmware.com/pdf/Perf_Best_Practices_vSphere5.5.pdf
- 7. 2015 Avaya Inc. All Rights Reserved. Avaya and the Avaya logo are trademarks of Avaya Inc. and are registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks identified by , TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. 02/15 UC7207-04 avaya.com | 7 About Avaya Avaya is a leading, global provider of customer and team engagement solutions and services available in a variety of flexible on-premise and cloud deployment options. Avayas fabric-based networking solutions help simplify and accelerate the deployment of business critical applications and services. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.