consultative sales pmsl
Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONConsultative Sales Skills Workbook
Consultative Sales Excellence : Rules of the Road
Out of more than 200 Sales books and 20 years…
Formula For Excellence
1.Decide exactly what you really want to achieve.
2.Determine specifically what you have to do to achieve it.
3.Focus every bit of energy and effort on “Paying the Price” to achieve you goals.
Successful people willingly do… what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do!
Read page 2Workshop page 3
Success in sales is about having the right mindset
Talk too much
Talk about themselves way too much
Don’t know my business
Don’t understand my customers
Don’t know their own products & services
Don’t tell the truth
Don’t deliver on their promises
Only worried about their commission
Can’t prove their value
WASTE MY TIME!
The Goal: Trusted Advisor
• See themselves as a “professional” and selling as a “craft”
• Asks superb questions
• Listens attentively – takes great notes
• Understands their customer’s business
• Understand their customer’s customers
• Is an expert on their products & services
• Is customer focused – not “closing” focused
• Tells the 100% truth at ALL times
• Keeps their promises
• Can clearly demonstrate superior value
• Never wastes a client’s time 10
LOW / NO
Are you a sales winner?
Please take the audit on pages
5 - 7
The 4 Cs of TRUST
The Mantra of the Trusted Advisor
I am good at what I do…and I do it because I care about you.
Technique is NOTHING…
Intent is EVERYTHING!!
Let me make this VERY simple…
• Sales results are directly proportional to the number of well-planned and professional sales calls made to Key Decision Makers at highly targeted prospect accounts.
Exact Right Solution
Read page 9
Clarifying expectations is critical…
OPUD vs. UPOD
Forget about your company, products and services…
Slow Down for Yellow Lights
Follow the ORDER
• Opportunity• Resources• Decision Making Process• Exact Right Solution• Relationship
What are the top 3 objectionsthat you get most often?
Go to page 31 at the end of the
Back to Page 14
How to ask better questions
Cushions: In order for me to help you…
Conditions: I was looking at your website and noticed that…
Limiting: What are your top three most important…
Expansion: Can you share with me everything…
Clarifying: What, specifically did you mean by…
Perception Checking: Does that sound OK?
Relationship: Are you comfortable?
Hot Words: anger, frustration, concern, worry…
Please read pages 14 - 19
Create a GapCurrent State vs. Desired State
Amplify CostsMoney – Time – Resources - PeoplePositive - Negative / More – LessBusiness / Personal
Build a Solution Theirs first – Yours last
The SCCCS Model
Please study the chart on page 21
What are the main challenges your customers face?
Top 3 Challenges questions?
How can you AMPLIFY the costs?
More /LessBusiness / Personal
Customer Needs Questions
A review of the process: Page 29
How do we make sure the client knows where to go?
ACME Consolidated Inc. Needs Analysis Meeting
1. Current State of ACI
2. Vision of Desired Future (1-3 years)
3. Opportunities / Challenges
4. Potential Impacts
5. Possible Solutions
6. Potential PMSL Offerings
See the example on page 30
• Be a Trusted Advisor• Ask don’t Tell• Technique is Nothing• The 4 Cs of Trust• Exact Right Solution• Forget about Your Company• Slow Down for Yellow Lights• Handling Objections• No Guessing• Gap Cost Solution• SCCCS Questioning model• Needs Analysis Agenda
My Favorite Sales Books
“SPIN Selling” by Neil Rackham
“Consultative Selling” by Mack Hanan
“Changing The Game” by Larry Wilson
“Integrity Selling” by Ron Willingham
“Relationship Selling” by Jim Cathcart