death of anwar al awlaki nanami2011
Click here to load reader
Post on 19-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Death of Anwar al-Awlaki
2. Anwar al-Awlakiwas an Yemeni-American Awlaki was an imam. He
was described by Barack Obama as the leader of the Arabian
peninsula Awlaki was the first U.S. citizen to be added to the list
of persons approved for targeted killing for the CIA.
Who is Anwar al-Awlaki?
3. Al-Awlakigot killed by missiles from the CIA on September,30,2011in Yemen. A senior U.S. official saidthe U.S had been tracking Awlaki for the perfect time to strike. The missiles did not only kill Awlaki but it also killed the terror organizations top bomb maker and Samir Khan.
Here's a video to be more clear:
4. In Yemen
Where did with Anwar al-Awlakis Death Happen?
5. People believed thatAwlaki had lots of attempts to attack the U.S. PresidentObama said that Awlaki had been planning to murder innocent Americans and was also responsible of some death of many Yemen citizens. He said that Awlaki had directed attempts to blow up U.S. planes and had repeatedly called on individuals in the United States and around the world to kill innocent men, women, and children.
Why did Awlaki get killed?
6. There's another problem
Anwar al-Awlaki is dead but..
7. The problem is that the U.S. killed one of its citizen with no trial and noindictment.This might be the firsttime the U.S. killed one of its citizen somewhere else in the world without any do processes at all. The white House is debating if this was legal or illegal.
Lets watch this video!
So..What's the problem?
8. Before we go any further What do you think?
Do you think it was illegal,
9. Why didthe U.S kill Awlaki with no trial and no indictment?
Didnt anyone try to stop it?
DidntAwlaki notice the helicopters that was tracking him?
Why did the U.S. kill him why not punish him or send him to jail?
Questions I have
10. I picked this news because Ididnt know any thing about this news and it caught my attention when I read a bit of the article. I had so many questions in my mind and I wasreally curious.
Why did I pick this news?
11. ABC News: Most Successful Drone Strike Ever: Were Three Al Qaeda Leaders Killed? October,1,2011
BBC News:Obama: Anwar Al-Awlaki death is major blow for al-Qaeda. September,30,2011
CNN News:U.S. drone killing of American al-Awlaki prompts legal, moral debate. October,1,2011
Wikipedia: Anwar al-Awlaki