developing in the darkroom
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDeveloping in the Darkroom. Developing Film. Supplies: Developing Tank Film Reel Can Opener Scissors Film Chemicals Developer Acid Stop Bath Fixer. 1. 4. 2. 3. 5. Enter a completely dark space. Open film canister, trim the end, & wind onto the film reel. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Developing in the
Developing FilmSupplies:1. Developing Tank2. Film Reel3. Can Opener4. Scissors5. Film• Chemicals
• Developer• Acid Stop
1. Enter a completely dark space.
2. Open film canister, trim the end, & wind onto the film reel.
3. Insert reel into developing tank.
4. Cycle through Chemicals
• Developer (develops the film – images appear)• Acid Stop Bath (stops chemical reaction so that film stop
developing)• Fixer (“seals the film”)
6. Hang to dry.
7. Cut into strips (Negatives)
Creating a Print
Place negatives into protector sheet & develop contact print to test exposure time for photos.
Choose an image & expose to photo paper.
Acid Stop Bath Fixer
Cycle through Developer, Acid Stop
Bath, & Fixer
Enlarger (Expose Paper)
Wash & Dry. You’re done!
We’re ready to help