domestic violence super bowl 2015: domestic violence psa - youtube
Embed Size (px)
Domestic ViolenceSuper Bowl 2015: Domestic Violence PSA - YouTube
What is Domestic Violence and who does it affect?
• Domestic violence is a pattern or behavior used to established power and control over another person through fear and intimidation.
• Domestic violence can start with one thinking they should have control over the other.
• Men, women and children can be victims. Domestic violence can happen to anyone, no matter what race, gender or ethnicity.
• Sometimes men feel the need to protect and control with in their pride.
Victims New Domestic Violence PSA - "It Rarely Stops" (HD) - YouTube
• Not everyone thinks men go through domestic violence.
• Men have a sense of pride so they might find it embarrassing and they hide their emotions.
• Men are victims of about 3 million physical assault in the USA.
Where domestic violence happens…
• It usually happens behind closed doors. Statistics say between the time of 6am-6pm.
• About 60% of the domestic cases happen at home.
Graphs and Statistics
• Graph• Every 9 seconds a US women is beaten.
Domestic Violence: Statistics & Facts. (2015, January 1). Retrieved January 1, 2015, from http://www.safehorizon.org/page/domestic-violence-statistics--facts-52.html
Vagianos, A. (n.d.). 30 Shocking Domestic Violence Statistics That Remind Us It's An Epidemic. Retrieved January 1, 2015, from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/domestic-violence-statistics_n_5959776.html