emerging media summit
Click here to load reader
out of 38
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTwo large enterprise social business case studies, methods and trends.
- 1. Operationalizing Social Business
September 13, 2011
Zena Weist | @zenaweist
- 2. CASE STUDIES, METHODS
- 3. EMBARQ Test and Learn, Parallel Pathing
Servicing 3.5M HHs across 18 states
- Home Phone, Local and Long Distance
- 4. High-Speed Internet
- 5. Satellite TV from DISH Network
- 6. Home Computer & Technical Support
- 7. LISTENING
In the beginning
Google Alerts (Yahoo)
Google Blog searches
All of the above
All of the above
- 8. Social Media RoadMap
Corporate Social Media Mission:
Develop, implement and cultivate social media strategies with an evolving tool kit to enhance communications and brand perceptions among employees, customers, prospects, shareholders and the media aka: stakeholders.
November 17, 2007
- 9. Delivering on our Practical Ingenuity brand promise, we will leverage social media
with the following strategies:
EDUCATE: Train to create breadth and depth in our employee base to give them the tools and opportunity to actively engage in social and emerging media.
SEEK & CULTIVATE: New employee talent and corporate resources to better position EQ as a thought-leader in this emerging space while tapping external influencers.
3) INTEGRATE: Listen to and become part of conversations that are media agnostic and evergreen; ensure all marketing and communication strategies are interwoven to create consistent messaging.
4) RESEARCH: Invest in socmed-specific research to identify emerging trends, shifting EQ from followers to leaders; monitor brand perceptions to identify opportunities and gaps.
5) MEASURE: Use media appropriate metrics to evaluate performance against best-in-class examples.
6) INNOVATE & EXPERIENTAL: Utilize the socmed opportunity to evolve the brand into one that is dynamic, interactive and relevant; leverage opportunities via conversations to position the brand for future growth.
- 10. If you wish to persuade me,
you must think my thoughts, feel my feelings,
and speak my words.
- 11. TyING SOCIAL INTO BUSINESS METRICS
Engaging in online conversations to improve:
Brand Perception &
- 12. BRAND MARKETING OBJECTIVES
Build brand awareness
Create a presence in an online community where customers & prospects are already engaged
- Go where our target is - bring our brand to them
- 13. Promote customer and prospect engagement and interactivity
- 14. Expand positive sentiment built through online customer outreach
- 15. TECHNOLOGY VIDEOS ON youtube prompt action
67%Have taken action as result of seeing technology or electronics-related content on YouTube.
47% Gathered more information about a product or service
34% Considered buying a technology product or service
27% Thought more favorably toward a product, brand or service
21% Told someone about a product or service
13% Bought a technology or electronics-related product or service
2008 YouTube Engagement StudyBase: Past 6 Month YouTube Visitors Who Watch Technology or Electronics-Related Videos.Q: Which of these actions, if any, have you taken as a result of seeing a video about technology or electronics content (e.g., videos, user comments or reviews) on YouTube?
- 16. Commitment to ENGAGEMENT with CONTENT STRATEGY
Program Spike | Constant Contact
- Short-term: Contest (HSI focus)
- 17. Long-term: How-to Videos
- 18. Top 10 Customer Service issues (Call Centers, Online Listening)
- 19. Continue to listen, interact, resolve
- 20. PAGE 12
OBJECTIVES SYNC WITH brand promise
- Build brand awareness through engagement
- 21. Increase EMBARQ core services awareness
- 22. Leverage and support EQ online initiatives
- Drive traffic to the channel
- 23. Engage customers and prospects with the brand
- 24. Build EQ HSI awareness and preference