first aid tips
out of 12
Post on 22-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHere are a few First-aid tips that comes handy and could help you or someone out there during an emergency situation where we are in need of a medical attention and the following these tips will help you get through while necessary help arrives by.
- Basic First Aid Tips
- First Aid for Burn Cool the burn under cold running water for at least ten minutes. Loosely cover the burn with cling film or a clean plastic bag. Transfer him to Hospital
- First Aid for Broken Bone Encourage the person to support the injury with their hand, or use a cushion or items of clothing to prevent unnecessary movement. Continue supporting the injury until help arrives.
- First Aid for Head Injury Ask them to rest and apply a cold compress to the injury If they become drowsy or vomit call for immediate help
- First Aid for Choking Hit them firmly on their back between the shoulder blades to dislodge the object If necessary, shift them to hospital.
- First Aid for Unconscious and not Breathing Check breathing by tilting their head backwards and looking and feeling for breaths. Push firmly downwards in the middle of the chest and then release
- First Aid for Bleeding Heavily Put pressure on the wound with whatever is available to stop or slow down the flow of blood. Keep pressure on the wound until help arrives.
- First Aid for Seizures Do not restrain them but use a blanket or clothing to protect their head from injury. Keep pressure on the wound until help arrives.
- First Aid for Asthma Attack Help the person sit in a comfortable position and take their medication. If the attack becomes severe, get some medical help quickly.
- Act at the right time
- Act at the right time Do proper first aid
- Act at the right time Do proper first aid Ref: redcross.org.uk
View more >