forming a movement: cognitive liberation
of 29 /29
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow are people aroused to action and why do they decide to join civil resistance campaigns despite a high degree of risk and uncertainty of outcomes? In other words, how do people reach ‘cognitive liberation’ that breaks the barrier of apathy, shatters fear and awakens their minds to civic reengagement and self-organization? These questions are linked with the reflections on how civil resistance movements build their case for change and how they use opponents’ anti-movement rhetoric and actions to diminish the adversary while galvanizing greater participation, gaining greater visibility and developing resilience.
- !"#$%%&()*(+),$%$-.(/)0%&1)-(1. We do not know how majority feels and if we are indeed majority2. We do not know if others will join and whether they will come out again3. We do not know if our resistance will remain nonviolent in the face of oppression and provocations4. We do not know if we eventually succeed How does a dissent movement emerge?
- !SOLAR ACTIVITY
- 20$3"41-5(-)-,")#$-.(0$,)#.( 65$-47(,8(9.0:4.:0$(
- Matrix 12 more years of Putin in powerTruth here and now
- If every day a man takesorders in silence from anincompetent superior, if everyday he solemnly performsritual acts which he privatelyfinds ridiculous, if he () isprepared to deny his own selfin public () it still does notmean that he has entirely lostthe use of one of the basichuman senses, namely, thesense of humiliation.Vaclav Havel
- We really hatestupidity,A Protester in Russia
- We do notneed usedpres-ident
- We are not Banderlogs. We are citizens of Russia. Did you get it Python?What can I say in this case? I can say:Come to me, banderlogs, V. Putin. He citedpython Kaa from Kiplings "Jungle Book" whocall on monkeys only to suffocate them...
- We are not sheep We are not sheep. We are best part of our society
- Sure, there are people who have a Russian passport but act in interests of a foreign state and for foreign money V. Putin I know that students were paid some I am here UNPAID money well, thats good if they could earn something V. PutinVladimir PutinI am here not for moneyI dislike you free of charge Obama paid me in person
- I am a human being I am not vegetable Stand/Serve! Speak/Vote! Give paw! This is how theyWe are not want us to be. Whether to be slaves awakened or not - depends only on us
- Percentage of jokes about the elections versus percentage of jokes in totalThe Chairman of the Election Commission comes to Putinafter the election: I have good news and bad news. Whichdo you want to hear first? The bad news.Zyuganov, the Communist Party candidate, got 75% of thevotes. Holy crap! cried Putin. Whats the good news?You got 76%.
- !"#$%&(%(")(*#+,"-.(*/$$0#12( -Rediscovering citizenship -Rediscovering patriotism
- Responsibility towards future generation
- I guess I can do it as well