goals suck

Click here to load reader

Download Goals suck

Post on 15-Apr-2017

1.109 views

Category:

Business

0 download

Embed Size (px)

TRANSCRIPT

PowerPoint Presentation

Goals Suck

They dont do what people tell you.

In fact they dont do ANYTHINGCreative commons photo credit:- Click hereOriginal Blog:- Click here

4 reasons why goals are rubbish

A goal doesnt deliver success, you do!

Despite what many in the coaching and personal development industry claim. Having a goal, even clearly written and full of personal meaning (and most aren't), will not deliver your success

1Creative commons photo credit:- Click hereOriginal Blog:- Click here

4 reasons why goals are rubbish

The Harvard study is a myth

Youve heard that 3% of people were more successful than the other 97% combined? There was no such survey.

2Original Blog:- Click hereCreative commons photo credit:- Click here

4 reasons why goals are rubbish

A goal shared, is not a shared goal

To be told that youve got a goal to do xyx is very unlikely to motivate, inspire or change your behaviour. At least if you create you own goal it might.

3Original Blog:- Click hereCreative commons photo credit:- Click here

4 reasons why goals are rubbish

Goals dont magically manifest stuff from the universe.

The idea that a goal will mean the universe delivers it for you.really? If you said I was more likely to recognise opportunities because of my goal, Id buy it.

4Original Blog:- Click hereCreative commons photo credit:- Click here

The scrapheap of wasted intentions

If you dont deal with these three things, your resolutions will simply gather dust, then decay on the scrapheap.

Original Blog:- Click here

How to achieve the benefit from your goals.6

Original Blog:- Click hereReally want to change?

3 things you need to deal with

.

You are the same as all the otherstrange creatures inhabiting this watery planet..

1

How to achieve the benefit from your goals.7

Really want to change?

3 things you need to deal with

.

You are a creature of habit (so is everybody else).

2Original Blog:- Click here

How to achieve the benefit from your goals.8

Really want to change?

3 things you need to deal with

.

You are the same as all the otherstrange creatures inhabiting this watery planet.

3Original Blog:- Click here

9

Original Blog:- Click hereCreating regular habits.

Habit Stacking.

Do your new habit at the same time as one youve already got.

My ski exercises, get done while I clean my teeth!

1

How to achieve the benefit from your goals.10

Original Blog:- Click hereCreating regular habits.

Checklists.

Checklists may be boring, but they do drive new habits.

2

Accountability:Have a discussion with somebody each day/ week where you own up. Other ways of doing this involve your systems, instead of trying to remember to follow up with prospects, set up calendar reminders.11

Original Blog:- Click hereCreating regular habits.

Accountability.

An accountability system. Have somebody support you and check your progress each week.

3Creative commons photo credit:- Click here

Other ways of doing this involve your systems, instead of trying to remember to follow up with prospects, set up calendar reminders12

Original Blog:- Click hereCreating regular habits.

Systems.

Use systems: Instead of trying to remember to follow up with prospects, set up calendar reminders.

4

13

Original Blog:- Click hereCreating regular habits.

Eating elephants.

A systematic approach. Get one bit done habitually, then add another. How do you eat an elephant? One piece at a time..

5

14

Original Blog:- Click here

15

Fallen off the wagon? It happens!

Learn to be kinder to yourself.

Developing the habits to succeed at your goal is essential; but you will struggle from time to time.How can you be kinder to yourself and pick yourself up more readily? Falling isn't failing.

.

Creative commons photo credit:- Click hereOriginal Blog:- Click here

16

Original Blog:- Click here

17