Click here to load reader
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HAWK EYE TECHNOLOGY PRESENTED BY : FAHIM RAGHIB 1MJ11CS036 GUIDE : MRS.HYMAVATHI ASST. PROF. CSE DEPT
- 2. CONTENTS Introduction Principle Applications Advantages Disadvantages Conclusion Future works
- 3. Introduction Hawk-Eye is a computer system used in cricket, tennis, snookers and other sports to visually track the path of the ball and display a record of its most statistically likely path as a moving image Hawk-Eye as the most innovative technology provider in sports broadcasting and is a development that will reinforce the groups presence and influence.
- 4. It is primarily used by the majority of television networks to track the trajectory of balls in flight. It was developed by engineers at Roke Manor Research Limited of UK in 2001 A patent was submitted by Dr Paul Hawkins and David Sherry.
- 5. Hawk-eye can track any type of bounce, spin, swing and seam movement of the ball. Hawk-Eye is used for referring decisions to the third umpire in LBW.
- 6. Principle of Hawk-Eye A Hawk-Eye system is based on the principle of Triangulation.
- 7. Hawk-Eye in Cricket It is based on the principles of triangulation using the visual images and timing data provided by high-speed video cameras located at different locations and angles around the area of play.
- 8. Applications LBW decisions Wagon Wheel Pitch Maps De-Spin Its applications in cricket are
- 9. LBW One very common use of Hawk-Eye are the LBW decisions, where the viewers can see the virtual path of the ball after its being pitched and in conclusion get an idea of whether the batsman should actually have been adjudged LBW or not.
- 10. Wagon Wheel The Wagon Wheel gives you an idea of the different areas where the batsman has been targeting to score singles, doubles, boundaries or sixes.
- 11. DESPIN It is used to check the angle of turn or deviation of a ball after it has pitched
- 12. PITCH MAPS This consists of a virtual map of the various areas of the pitch where the bowler has bowled a delivery. It shows you how consistent a bowler is, in terms of line and length.
- 13. Advantages This technology is being used in many sports like cricket, tennis and snooker. It is also a great tool which can be used by players, statisticians, tacticians, coaches to analyze previous games and come up with strategies for subsequent ones. It reduces the human efforts.
- 14. Disadvantages It is highly expensive. It is not 100% accurate. It challenges the umpire decisions.
- 15. Conclusions This is one of the most advanced technology being used in sports. It is also a great tool which can be used by players, statisticians, tacticians, coaches to analyze previous games and come up with strategies for subsequent ones.
- 16. Future Works Hawk-Eye is currently developing a system for football. If approved , it may be used in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Hawk-Eye officials are working towards making it more cost effective so that it can be used in more premier tournaments around the world.
- 17. Thank You!