healthful living lesson 14 bullying ms. hannah’s 2 nd & 3 rd level super stars
of 12 /12
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Healthful Living Lesson 14 Bullying Ms. Hannahs 2 nd & 3 rd Level Super Stars
- Slide 2
- Being teased is NOT funny! We all know how it feels to be the one who is teased.
- Slide 3
- What is bullying? It can be teasing! Hitting/kicking/pinching Spitting Tripping/pushing Taking or breaking someones things
- Slide 4
- There are different kinds of bullying: Teasing Name-calling Threatening to cause harm Leaving someone out on purpose Telling other children not to be friends with someone Spreading rumors about someone Embarrassing someone in public
- Slide 5
- What can you do if you are being bullied? First thing you need to know: It is NOT your fault! No one deserves to be bullied! Do not physically fight back against the kid who is bullying.
- Slide 6
- Look at the kid bullying you and tell him or her to stop in a calm, clear voice. You can also try to laugh it off. This works best if joking is easy for you. It could catch the kid bullying you off guard. If speaking up seems too hard or not safe, walk away and stay away. Dont fight back. Find an adult to stop the bullying on the spot.
- Slide 7
- Talk to an adult you trust. Dont keep your feelings inside. Telling someone can help you feel less alone. They can help you make a plan to stop the bullying. Stay away from places where bullying happens. Stay near adults and other kids. Most bullying happens when adults arent around.
- Slide 8
- A lot of bullies have been picked on themselves! That is why it is best to not react badly when you are teased but tell an adult instead.
- Slide 9
- If you witness someone being teased or bullied, you should: Tell an adult who can step in and help. Be a friend to the child being bullied. If you feel safe step in and change the subject by offering for everyone to play together. NEVER fight or yell back!
- Slide 10
- Tell a teacher, parent, or trusted adult. If you are being teased, threatened, or harmed by another person, it SHOULD NOT be ignored.
- Slide 11
- Lets watch some good ideas about how to stop bullying.. McGruff- Anti-bully McGruff-Scruff gets bullied
- Slide 12
- Journal Entry: Take notes and look back over them. Write about what you can do if you or someone you know is being teased or bullied. Thanks for another great lesson! Im so proud of you my super smart Super Stars! End of Lesson 14