Click here to load reader
Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis project is the city of bangkok on and what you can find in it
- GENERAL INFORMATION Bangkok mean city of angels Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand, situated in the Chao Phraya River delta in Thailand's central plains. Bangkok It is one of Asia's most cosmopolitan cities with magnificent temples and palaces, authentic canals, busy markets and a vibrant nightlife that has something for everyone.
- WEATHER Bangkok is one of hottest cities of the world cated just 14 degrees north of the Equator, Bangkok is sunny at any time of the year with temperatures over 30 C (86 F).
- CURRENCY The baht is the currency of Thailand. It is subdivided into 100 satang . The issuance of currency is the responsibility of the Bank of Thailand
- LANGUAGE The official language in Thailand is Thai
- TOURIST PLACES *The Grand Palace : Probability the most famous place in Bangkok, is the official residence of the Kings of Siam since 1972. It is divided into several quarters: the Temple of the Emerald Buddha; the Outer Court, with many public buildings; the Middle Court, including the Phra Maha Monthien Buildings, the Phra Maha Prasat Buildings and the Chakri Maha Prasat Buildings; the Inner Court and the Siwalai Gardens quarter. The Grand Palace is currently partially open to the public as a museum, but it remains a working palace, with several royal offices still situated inside
- *National museum : In the decorative arts and ethnology exhibit , there are collections of traditional musical instruments from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Indonesia, as well as ceramics, clothing and textiles, woodcarving, royal regalia, and Chinese art and weaponry. *Vimanmek mansion : Was built as a royal residence in the first few years of the twentieth century. It was only used for a few years before it fell into disuse and was practically forgotten until the early eighties Vimanmek is now on many main tourist trails. Large tour buses can be seen in the parking lot throughout the day, especially in the high season
- HOTELS *Imm Fusion: Imm Fusion Sukhumvit has a creative Moroccan feel in the public spaces, with a tiled swimming pool and cosy lounge spaces. Service is warm and friendly, rooms are clean, quiet and spacious and there is free Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel * D&D Inn : D&D Inn at Khao San Road is a popular choice for those looking for comfortable rooms and impressive facilities in an area that is usually reserved for bargain basement backpackers.
- *Lub d Bangkok: Lub d Hostel is one of the funkiest places to stay if you are looking for a sociable, modern hostel. Its located in Siam Square, home to cutting edge fashion boutiques, quirky bars and a retro cinema with the cheapest seats in the city.
- TIPICAL FOOD
- THINGS TO DO *Wrestle a Crocodile at the Samphran Elephant and Crocodile Farm *Train as a Thai Kickboxer *Sing like a Pop Star at a Karaoke *Graze at the Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market
- ADAVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES +Has a lot of temples with you can visit +Is a safe place +Is a city where you can do many activities and you never be boring +Is a Hot city so you don 't have to worry about Rain -Bangkok has a lot of pullution -Some People speak english so is difficult to comunicate with native people
- OPINION The truth is that I didn't know much about Bangkok, but when I did this project I discovered amazing things of this place
- GLOSSARY Weabonry: armamento Quirky : extravagante Cosy : acogedor http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok http://www.disfrutabangkok.com/ http://localtimes.info/Asia/Thailand/Bangkok/ http://www.bangkokpost.com/