my mastery journal timeline
Embed Size (px)
MASTERY JOURNAL TIMELINE
by John William
MARCH 2014COURSE: Mastery; Personal Development and Leadership.
COURSE GOAL: Exploring the Mastery’s concept to apply
it to my personal growth and development towards my leadership skills. 1) Read the Mastery book by Robert Greene, take notes and
utilize every tips to myself 2) ) Research the journey of other masters using website
like www.ebscohost.com 3) Learn how to behave and talk like a master using terms
and vocabulary that I read from the book or online.
APRIL 2014COURSE: Executive Leadership
COURSE GOAL: Learn the tactics how to become an efficient and successful executive leader in today’s
entertainment business. 1) Learn the strategies of the top 5 executive leaders
in the industry. 2) Take directions and advices from my career advisor
to lead me on the right path on how to be a successful businessman
3) Joining Full Sail Entertainment Network Society
MAY 2014COURSE: Project and Team Management
COURSE GOAL: Learn how to be efficient managing any team in any project.
1) Researching about project and team management skills
2) Learn techniques how to be a competent and a dynamic leader
3) Reducing fear and increase trust within the team
JUNE 2014COURSE: Business Storytelling and Brand Development COURSE GOAL: Acquiring every knowledge necessary to create honesty and transparency brand that sticks in the consumers mind through development and publishing.
1) Become proficient in infusing personalities into stories 2) Acquire knowledge of create characters my audience will
root for 3) Learn from the top brands in today’s business include
the beginning, the middle, and the end
JULY 2014COURSE: Entertainment Business Finance
COURSE GOAL: Get some more knowledge on how to manage large amount of funds as well as learning the
necessary practices needed to run a business. 1) Make research about Forbes magazine for market
trends 2) Schooling myself how to budgeting
3) Read about Entertainment Business Venture and financing to know the everyday news in the industry
AUGUST 2014COURSE: Negotiation and Deal-Making
COURSE GOAL: Understanding and think about the nature of negotiation.
1) To gain a broad intellectual on a set of central concepts in deal-making
2) Developing confidence in the process of negotiation 3) Learn how to evaluate the behavior of individuals or
groups in competitive situations.
SEPTEMBER 2014COURSE: Product and Artist Management
COURSE GOAL: Learn how to establish product and new artist in the Entertainment Industry.
1) Explore every source that provides information about Artist Management
2) Read the manual Artist Management for the Music Business by Paul Allen
3) Watch the video website management for musicians and bands on Lynda.com
OCTOBER 2014COURSE: Advanced Entertainment Law
COURSE GOAL: Learn how to be able to interpret and understand contracts without the presence of a lawyer. 1) Explore the book Kohn on Music Licensing by Al and
Bob 2) Learn legal and litigation terminology
3) Read “Sign Here: How to Understand any Contract Before You Sign” by Mari Privette Ulmer.
NOVEMBER 2014COURSE: Entertainment Media Publishing and Distribution COURSE GOAL: Discover methods used in Publishing and
distribution that will produce the best exposure for my clients and my company.
1) Join the music Publishing Society 2) Watch basic music licensing and publishing on lynda.com http://www.lynda.com/ProTools-tutorials/Basic-music-licensing-publishing/122931/140473-4.html
3) Familiarize myself with the distribution and publication
DECEMBER 2014COURSE: Digital Marketing
COURSE GOAL: Learn how to create marketing plans, strategies, and techniques effectively.
1) Join the American Marketing Association 2) ) Read “Music Marketing: Press, Promotion,
Distribution and Retail” by Mike King 3) Learn tips from Andrew Macarthy’s book “500 Social
JANUARY 2014COURSE: Business Plan Developing
COURSE GOAL: Understanding the process of developing an affective business plan.
1) Develop the structure for my business plan 2) Have my business plan ready to execute
3) Read Rhonda Abrams book Successful Business Plan.
FEBRUARY 2014COURSE: Final Project: Business Plan
COURSE GOAL: Compile all of the research and resources that I have gained into a successful business
plan to launch my company. 1) Explore websites such as www.sba.gov, www.entrepreneur.com, and www.score.org
2) Have my portfolio ready to let the world know my business accomplishments
3) Look for investor to invest in my business plan.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONSOver the course of my Mastery Journey at Full Sail
University I plan to become a member or participate with the following clubs and organizations to network and
gain real world experience, by joining the following clubs and organizations listed below it will allow me to further my knowledge and skills in the music and entertainment
field. SPARK, iStandard Producers, The C.E.O. Society, Grammy U, Social Scene Ambassadors, Music Publishing
Society, Entertainment Networking Society.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MY MENTORS
Successful in their own career, Passionate, Approachable, Humble, Supportive, transparent, and honest. Interested in my success, Patience, Master of
his/her craft, Positive attitude.
Laura Annette Gibbs; Walt Disney World PR, (407)566-5337, [email protected] . Alayna Riggins; Walt Disney World, (252)266-7059, www.linkedin.com/pub/alaynariggins/1/558/545
Melanie Tom; HR at Warner Bros. Entertainment Group, www.linkedin.com/in/melanietom . Hillary Hattenbach; Walt
Disney Company VP of Digital Marketing, www.linkedin.com/pub/hilary-hattenbach/10/4a9/550 T.J.
Marchetti; Walt Disney Studios Senior Vice President Digital Marketing, www.linkedin.com/in/tjmarchetti . Andrew Runyon; VP
of International Interactive Marketing at Paramount Pictures, www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-runyon/14/b06/ab6.