neo4j - graph database
Click here to load reader
Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Neo4j - NoSQL Graph Database Mubashar Iqbal | SSE Confiz Limited
- 2. Session Agenda What is Graph Database ? What is Neo4j ? Cypher Graph DB Model
- 3. Graph Database A graph database is not about charts, diagrams or vector artwork, it is related with storing data that is structured as a graph. remember linked lists, trees?
- 4. What is Graph Database? NoSQL Database Collection of nodes, edges and properties to represent and store data. Provides index-free adjacency Properties expressed as key/value pairs High Performance Complex Relationships
- 5. What is Neo4j? Open Source NoSQL Graph Database ACID transaction compliance Runtime Failover Cluster support Compact storage Memory caching for graph Active Community
- 6. Cypher - Query Language Cypher is Neo4js graph query language. Match patterns of nodes and relationships in the graph Example: MATCH (actor:Person)-[:ACTED_IN]->(movie:Movie) WHERE movie.title =~ "T.*" RETURN movie.title as title, collect(actor.name) as cast ORDER BY title ASC LIMIT 10;
- 7. From SQL To Cypher SQL Cypher SELECT p.* FROM products as p; MATCH (p:Product) RETURN p; SELECT p.ProductName, p.UnitPrice FROM products as p ORDER BY p.UnitPrice DESC LIMIT 10; MATCH (p:Product) RETURN p.productName, p.unitPrice ORDER BY p.unitPrice DESC LIMIT 10; SELECT p.ProductName, p.UnitPrice FROM products as p WHERE p.ProductName IN ('Chocolate',Coffee); MATCH (p:Product) WHERE p.productName IN ['Chocolate',Coffee] RETURN p.productName, p.unitPrice;
- 8. Graph DB Model Nodes Labels Relationships
- 9. Questions?
- 10. Important Links References http://neo4j.com/developer/get-started/ http://www.slideshare.net/neo4j/data-modeling-with-neo4j Video Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fsfa5DP9sE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqvDSioHYq8 Neo4j for php http://neo4j.com/developer/php/