nikos pegiopoulos, english presentation
Post on 12-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Nikos Pegiopoulos-Physicist
- Educators as researchers rather than authority figures.
- Foundation at school .
- A different educational philosophy
3. AMERICAN FARM SCHOOL THESSALONIKI 4. AMERICAN FARM SCHOOL THESSALONIKI 5. AMERICAN FARM SCHOOL THESSALONIKI 6. AMERICAN FARM SCHOOL THESSALONIKI 7. Solar radiation as source of power in our life through a different approach: philosophy, use and applications 8. THE ROLE OF THE RESEARCH GROUP
- Formation of ideas .
- Participation in the design of the action research.
- Freedom of choice regarding the research design .
9. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What is the sun?
- What is its importance in our life?
- How was the sun regarded in Ancient times?
- What is its role in Religion?
- How is the sun depicted in Literature and Folklore?
- What does it offer to agriculture?
- Is it a source of life? Could it be harmful?
- How can we utilize solar radiation and the energy the sun offers?
- Is it in any way involved in the environmental phenomena?
- Solar water heater, photovoltaics, solar cars, solar cooker.
10. SUB-QUESTIONS FOR RESEARCH
- Data regarding the sun .
- The Sun and its effects on Literature, Religion, Customs and Folklore from ancient times to present.
- The ways solar radiation affects, negatively or positively, the man and the natural environment.
- Use and utilization of solar radiation and solar power by the man.
- Future plans and visions regarding the best possible utilization of solar radiation.
- Also, It was decided to make a poster and a power point presentation.
11. DATA COLLECTION
- The internet
- Specific literature
- School library
- Newspapers and journals
- Interviews of experts on solar radiation
12. FIRST FINDINGS
- Presented by each group to the members of research team .
- Evaluation .
- Extra research questions arouse .
- Redesign of research plan
13. FINAL FINDINGS
- Final evaluation.
- Listed according to their importance.
- Research paper finalised .
- Power point.
14. MY ROLE AS EDUCATOR
- Provided students-researchers with freedom to conduct the study .
- Uploaded findings on the internet .
- Ensured smooth cooperation among researchers .
- Provided students with help whenever needed .
- Encouraged students so that they felt that what they do is their own work .