our visit to siberia
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONOur Visit to Siberia. A project of New Testament Baptist School 5 th & 6 th Grade – Mrs. Janet Taylor 7 th & 8 th Grade – Mr. James Thomas Technical Assistance - Mr. Scott Pierson. Moscow. The largest city and Capitol city of Russia A city of 12 million people located in Western Russia. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
A project of New Testament Baptist School5th & 6th Grade – Mrs. Janet Taylor
7th & 8th Grade – Mr. James ThomasTechnical Assistance - Mr. Scott Pierson
*Our Visit to Siberia
*MoscowThe largest city and Capitol city of Russia
A city of 12 million people located in Western Russia
*We spend our first night in Moscow.
*Azimut Moscow Olympic Hotel
* Tired form our trip, we rest most of the day. But we do take advantage of a 2 hour tour of Moscow’s Red Square, Nikolskaya Street, and Alexandrovsky Garden.
*Small Group Moscow City Walking Tour
* Of course, we HAVE to eat junk food!
*Lunch & Dinner
*IrkutskOne of the largest cities in Siberia
A city of 587,000 people near Mongolia in Central Russia
*While in Irkutsk, we will stay in the Baikal Business Centre Hotel
*Baikal Business Centre Hotel
*We will take a self-guided tour of 7 museums in Irkutsk. The walk is 5.7 km and will take 2-3 hours.
*City Walk: Museum Tour of Irkutsk
*SayanogorskIn Khakassia, Siberia, Russia
A town of 50,000 people in the Sayan Mountains on the left bank of the Yenisei River.
*We will stay 2 nights in the Sayanogorsk Hotel
*We would like to spend a day with our new friends. It would be great if they could show us around their town.
*Our new friends
*Things we might see in
* Despite being a small town, Sayanogorsk has one of the largest aluminum smelter plants in the world.
*Sayanogorsk Aluminum Smelter
* The Sayano–Shushenskaya Dam is located on the Yenisei River, near Sayanogorsk. It is the largest power plant in Russia and the sixth-largest hydroelectric plant in the world, by average power generation.
* The very beautiful view of the mountains!
*The Sayan Mountains
*OmskA city in southwestern Siberia
A city of 1.15 million people; the seventh largest in Russia
*We will spend two nights in the Ibis Sibir Hotel.
*Ibis Sibir Hotel
* Omsk is a beautiful city on the Om River. It is an important educational center.
*A beautiful city
*While in Omsk, we would visit the Mikhail Vrubel Museum of Fine Arts.
*Mikhail Vrubel Museum of Fine Arts
* The city created this statue as a gift to the citizens. It is located in the middle of Omsk.
*Monument to Stepan the Plumber
*We would like to see a show at the Puppet Theatre
*Omsk State Theatre of Puppets
*We would also love to see a show at the Circus!
*Omsk State Circus
*We have enjoyed our trip to Siberia! We would like to thank our new friends for being such great hosts!
*It has been a great trip!