photography techniques homework
of 15 /15
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Photography techniques Homework
- 2. 1727 The discovery that silver nitrate changes Johann Heinrich Schulz discovered that a substance called silver nitrate would change colour when exposed to light. This paved the way for the first pictures to be taken and processed.
- 3. 1814 The camera obscura is developed Joseph Niepce developed the camera obscura and took the first photo with it. It wasn't ideal, though, because it took 8 hours of light exposure to make a picture, and the picture faded with time.
- 4. 1837 The Daguerreotype was invented Louis Daguerre invented a new way to take pictures. It only needed 30 minutes of light exposure, and the image didn't fade with time.
- 5. 1841 Making multiple copies possible William Henry Talbot developed the Calotype process. This made it possible to make multiple copies of the same picture.
- 6. 1851 Taking pictures gets easier With the new Collodion process, cameras only needed a few seconds of light exposure to make a picture.
- 7. 1871 Film is made easier to handle Up until this time pictures had to be developed immediately after being taken. Richard Leach Maddox invented the gelatin dry plate silver bromide process, which made it possible to take a picture and develop it later.
- 8. 1888 The box camera is mechanically simple, the most common form is a cardboard or plastic box with a lens in one end and film at the other. The lenses are often single element designs meniscus fixed focus lens, or in better quality box cameras a doublet lens with minimal (if any) possible adjustments to the aperture or shutter speeds
- 9. The Polaroid camera is marketed The Polaroid allowed people to take a photo and have it developed immediately, right from the camera. 1948
- 10. Colored film is introduced Polaroid came out with the first colored film. 1963
- 11. The first consumer camcorder is released Sony put out the first consumer camcorder, allowing people to record their memories in real time. 1980
- 12. The first digital camera is developed The Sasson Company built the first digital camera. 1974
- 13. The first digital camera is marketed Canon put out the first digital camera for the public, which was later improved by Pixar. 1984
- 14. The first camera phones (1990's) The camera phone technology was first used in Japan, but it quickly spread around the world. 1990
- 15. Wireless cameras are developed Kodak put out cameras that didn't have to be connected to a computer in order to download and share the pictures. 2001