out of 31
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- VIDEO&PICTURE You have to wear apron before start to make something. If you dont, your clothes will be dirty. Drill - It is a hand tool, power tool, or machine with a rotating cutting tip or reciprocating hammer or chisel, used for making holes.Safety Goggles - Safety goggles are used toprotect the eyes of the wearer during activitieswhere eye injury is a risk. Tri - Square - It is used for marking right angles on a work-piece or checking the "squareness" of something, i.e. that an angle is a right angle.
- Tenon Saw - The commonest type of back saw. The tenon saw is a mid-sized saw that gets its name from its use in cutting tenons for mortise and tenon joinery. Like all back saws it has a stiffening cap over the top edge of the blade, which prevents flexing of the blade and provides good control when cutting. Using Tenon Saw(Video) Using Pull Saw(Video) Using disc sander(Video) Smoothing Plane - A smoothing plane or smooth plane is a type of bench plane used in woodworking. The smoothing plane is typically the last plane used on a wood surface - when used properly, the finish it gives will be far superior to that made by sandpaper or scrapers.Using Smoothing Plane(Video) Coping Saw - A coping saw is a type of hand jaw used to cut intricate external shapes and interior cutouts in woodworking or carpentry. It is widely used to cut moldings to create coped rather than miter joints. It is occasionally used to create fretwork though it is not able to match a fretsaw in intricacy of cut, particularly in thin materials. Coping saw blades are always thicker and much coarser cutting than typical fretsaw blades. Using coping saw(Video)
- MAKING COSMETIC ORGANIZER 1(11/01/17/Mon) Marking and Measuring PROCESS JOURNALEMOTIONI was very happy because I started making the cosmetic organizer. Iam really expecting that I make great cosmetic organizer. However,measuring the sides were very difficult. I felt tired.WHAT I DID & WHY This is the bottom of the productFrom the beginning of the class, I marked and measured a bottomand 2 sides on the wood. Their sizes are 180 x 180 x 10 and 2 for180 x 170 x 10. In fact, writing a size of the side is very hard becausethe shape of the side is stairs. It is hard to describe the size.WHAT TOOLS DID I USEI used ruler, pencil, eraser and tri-square. Ruler for measuring thelength, and tri-square for drawing a straight line. I also used tri-square Using Ruler for Measuringfor drawing the straight line all around the wood like the last picture incase I cut the wood on the wrong way. Some students cut the wood outof the line.LEARNER PROFILEI think I am a carer because I tried not to waste the wood. I used thecorner of the wood for marking the bottom. The shape of the bottom is Like this a square. It fits right on the corner of the wood.PLANMy plan is to cut the bottom and sides. After I cut them, I will start to measure and mark thefront and back part of the product.AREAS OF INTERACTION(AOI)I think it is Human Ingenuity. I can give this product to people who need a cosmetic organizer. Ithink that teenagers will like this cosmetic organizer because it is playful and decorative. Forme, I will give cosmetic organizer to my younger sister. She really needs cosmetic organizerbecause her cosmetics such as nail polishes and lipsticks are lying on the floor. I will give her theproduct for the environment of the room.
- MAKING COSMETIC ORGANIZER 2(11/01/18/Tue) Planing and Cutting PROCESS JOURNALEMOTIONToday was very fun because it was my first time to use the plane.Sometimes, I felt tired due to the smoothing plane. Using it was little bitdifficult for me. However, after I finished planing, I satisfied at theparts.WHAT I DID & WHY Using Pull Saw to Cut the BottomI continued to cut the bottom and sides because I havent finishedcutting yet. I used tenon saw and pull saw. Tenon saw is the saw forcutting the wood, however, the top of the tenon saw is covered byBrass back. Brass back is for cutting the wood straightly. If I couldntsaw anymore, I had to cut the wood to use pull saw. That is becausepull saw doesnt have brass back. It is also efficient because it can cutthe wood faster and easier. Then I planed the bottom and sides forshaving the useless part of the wood which was the space between cutline and pencil line. For fitting the parts exactly, I had to plane the Using Smoothing Planeedges of the wood. As you see the picture next to the text, planing to reduce the base towas little bit hard. It is weighty and its blade is not so sharp. the exact sizeLEARNER PROFILEI think I am a risk taker because I researched about the safety rulesabout using smoothing plane. I also asked Mr. Anderson about how touse the smoothing plane.PLAN The Sides of the ProductMy plan is to measure and mark the front and back part of theproduct. Their sizes are 180 x 170 x 10 and 180 x 70 x 10. After Ifinish measuring and marking on the wood, I will start to cut them.CHANGES TO YOUR PLANI wrote After I cut them, I will start to measure and marke the front and back part of theproduct. at the first process journal. However, I needed to plane the wood.AREAS OF INTERACTION(AOI)I think it is Environment. I can save the materials such as paint, wood, sand paper, glue andscrew during creating the product. If only I do not waste the wood, people have to cut the woodlittle bit. If all the students save the wood and try not to waste the wood, lots of trees will becut. The more I save the materials, the more I save the environment.
- MAKING COSMETIC ORGANIZER 3(11/01/21/Fri) Measuring and Cutting PROCESS JOURNALEMOTIONToday was busy because I wanted to finish all the parts of the cosmeticorganizer.WHAT I DID & WHYI finished all the parts of the cosmetic organizer(2 sides, 1 front, All the parts of cosmeticbottom, back, 2 dividers). Firstly, I measured and marked on the wood organizerto make front, back and dividers. I used ruler, pencil, eraser and tri-square. Ruler for measuring the length, and tri-square for drawing astraight line. I also used tri-square for drawing the straight line allaround the wood. Secondly, I cut the wood to use tenon saw and pullsaw. The reason I used tenon saw and pull saw is in the second processjournal. Thirdly, I did very quick sanding, filing and planing. That isbecause files, sand paper and plane make the wood smoother. Sharpedges will hurt children by cutting their fingers.LEARNER PROFILE Sanding the wood toI think I am a carer because I tried not to waste the wood. I used the make it smoothercorner of the wood for marking the bottom. The shape of the bottom isa square. It fits right on the corner of the wood.PLANMy plan is to check if all the parts are smooth enough measured andmarked correctly.CHANGES TO YOUR PLAN Using Pull SawI wrote My plan is to measure and mark the front and back part of theproduct.. However, I changed my plan. I finished all the parts of thecosmetic organizer.AREAS OF INTERACTION(AOI)I think it is Approaches to Learning. In this unit, I learnt lots of things. For example, I learnt anumber of tools that I havent used and I knew how to cut the wood and paint the productclearly and straightly. If I want to learn more, I can ask Mr. Anderson and other students for thetools that they are using. In addition, I can share what I am using to other students.
- MAKING COSMETIC ORGANIZER 4(11/01/24/Mon) Making the bottom FIT PROCESS JOURNALEMOTIONToday, I was little disappointed at my work because I thought thatI measured and cut all the parts of the product correctly. Therewas an error of the size of the bottom.WHAT I DID & WHYI had time for checking the parts of the cosmetic organizer. Then Ifound an error which is the size of the bottom. There was no gapto put the sides. Therefore, I measured the length of the thicknessof the sides and cut the parts. I used tri-square, ruler, gent sawand chisel. Ruler for measuring the length, and tri-square for Using gent saw to cut out thedrawing a straight line. I also used tri-square for drawing the useles
View more >