Click here to load reader
Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Group Members: Liew Poh Ka, Monnie Lee Kailyn Tan You Liang, Ivan Foo Zhi Fung Gabriel Chin Allester Shaun Social Psychology Video Presentation Turn Over a New Leaf
- 2. SOCIAL LEARNING PERSPECTIVE
- 3. SCENE 1 : CHILL
- 4. SOCIAL LEARNING PERSPECTIVE Definition: This perspective argues that individuals learn from observing the behaviors of others. Individuals observe modeled behaviors and in turn behave in a similar manner. Example: Gabriels friends want to chill and stop study for tomorrows exam. Gabriel learns and follows by observing the behaviors of his friends.
- 5. FALSE CONSENSUS
- 6. SCENE 2 : HE THOUGHT
- 7. FALSE CONSENSUS Definition: Tendency to overestimate the number of people who act or think as we do. May serve a self-protective function. Example: Gabriel thought that his friends never study for the next days exam, so he refuses to study too.
- 8. SELF-SERVING BIAS
- 9. SCENE 3: BLAME
- 10. SELF-SERVING BIAS Definition: The tendency to attribute positive effects or successful behaviors to dispositional factors. While attributing negative effects or unsuccessful behaviors to situational factors. Example: He failed his exam. He blamed on his lecturer said that his lecturer did not teach well and cause him getting a bad result.
- 11. UPWARDS COUNTERFACTUALS THINKING
- 12. SCENE 4: SCOLD
- 13. Upward Counterfactuals Thinking Definition: A concept in psychology that involves the human tendency to create possible alternatives to life events that have already occurred. Something that is contrary to what actually happened. Example: His mother scolded him and controlled his lifestyle and this made him feel regret on what he did.
- 14. PERSUASIO N
- 15. SCENE 5: PERSUADE
- 16. PERSUASION Definition: attempts to influence others attitudes or behaviors. The action or fact of persuading someone or of being persuaded to do or believe something. Example: His sister persuaded him to become a hardworking person. Lastly, he turned to become a hardworking person after he considered on his behavior.