sap finance - steps to be followed when locking a cost ... · pdf file this process is...
Click here to load reader
Post on 06-Mar-2020
Embed Size (px)
SAP Finance - steps to be followed when Locking a Cost Centre to review Assets
Description This process is required in SAP / Finance / Display Assets when a Cost Centre is being locked to display any assets mapped to cost centre in Master Data. Steps – Review items in Assets Master Data
1. Go to SAP / Finance / Fixed assets and equipment / Display asset .
2. Click onto the boxes as shown below
3. Click onto the Cost Centre. Type your school code with a 6 in front and the cost centre that you
are looking to lock. Eg 64633XXX. Click onto binocular to run query
As you will see above, no items are found.
• No further action is required and you can progress with locking the cost centre. • Continue with Step 4 onwards if assets identified
Steps – when Asset identified under cost centre to be locked
Where Cost centre has resulted in assets assigned to this cost centre
4. Scroll across the grey bar to identify details of asset number (s)
5. From the home page of SAP (Finance tab) , Forms
select : Asset and equipment master maintenance request
6. Select from the drop down box “Asset Master”
7. Mode select from the drop down box “Change Single” and describe reason
8. Type asset number located from step 4
9. Click on enter button of keyboard data on file will pre populate into both columns
10. In column “NEW” change cost centre from the drop down to reflect the alternative
11. Once cost centre changed click on Check
Once checked click on Send
Repeat Steps 5 -11 for all assets found.
If further assistance is required contact EDConnect 1300 32 32 32, option 1, option 4.
Steps – Review items in Assets Master Data Steps – when Asset identified under cost centre to be locked