social and search optimization
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
Social & Search Optimization
A Look at Facts & TacticsHashTag #dbmei
SEO BasicsSearch Engine Optimization
“Inbound Marketing”• Structure
– How is it designed and/or Crawled?
• Content– What is this really about? Original or Copied?
Frequency of content updates?
• References– Who points, links or references this?
• 72% of users are male and 55% of users are in the United States
• Automotive & Electronics are the top industries on G+
• Photos attract the most engagement, then articles then video.
• Wed is the most active day, 9AM - 10AM most active time of day.
Search Optimization for Content•Title of the Post•URL •First 50 Words keyword density•Alt Tags on Images•Featured Image•Video Content
Social Optimization for Content:•Media Content Mix•Share Buttons & RSS Feed(s)•Featured Image•Descriptions•Klout, PeerIndex, Kred•Tools: Empire Avenue & Paper.li
Search & Social Optimization of Content
• Americans access Facebook more from a mobile device then they do a PC
• Facebook activity peaks around 12 noon and 7PM on Weekdays.
• Saturday is the most active day for “Likes” and “Shares” by users.
Best Practices for Timeline Publish More Visual Content
Posts including a photo or video generates 2x more engagement than other types
Feature Custom Tabs in Views & Apps Toolbar Can use pictures to offer a call to action
Highlight specific posts Will take up the entire width of the timeline
Pin New Featured Promotions Posts will be visible at the top of the page
Make Them LIKE You! Incorporate Social Plug-ins on your Blog and
Website– Code is provided by Facebook
Let e-mail subscribers know about your Page, and Ask for the Like!
Use Facebook Ads Publish “Remarkable” content!
– Give them a reason to Like you– Let people know they will get something if they
Like you! Ask friends to Like you
• Mobile Twitter Users increase at an average rate of about 180% a year
• Highest user activity on twitter is from 9AM – 11AM and 1pm to 3pm.
• Fridays are the most active day for retweets and tend to be most active 3 to 6pm.
• YouTube users are most active and even spread between the ages of 18 and 54.
• YouTube is the second largest Search Engine• 84% of internet users view videos online
• Close to 150 million users worldwide• More than 2 million companies “active” on
LinkedIn. • More than 2.5 million groups• HR Professionals recruit more from LinkedIn
then any two (2) other sites• More than 90% of employers review LinkedIn
profiles before hiring offers are made.
Your LinkedIn Profile is Your Personal Brand PageLinkedIn is an online “trade show” and networking event
Showcase yourself and your accomplishments Connect with associates, colleagues, and like-minded
individuals through groups Build relationships Grow your brand
LinkedIn Strategies for Your Brand and Business
ImageProfile Optimization - 100%Your Connections (database)
Image MattersImage Matters
Credibility & trust 7 x more likely to be read Real world recognition
Profile Optimization - 100%Why? It’s your brand page Competitive advantage vs. disadvantage Search relevance (internal and external) Geographic relevance Industry relevance More content = more ways to engage
Your LinkedIn DatabaseYour LinkedIn Database““Bring the real world into the cyber world & vice versa”Bring the real world into the cyber world & vice versa” Download it and use it Download it and use it One of your most valuable assets One of your most valuable assets Frequently updatedFrequently updated In mail is effective/less spamIn mail is effective/less spam
1) Photo2) Status update3) Title4) Message
• Recently Surpassed LinkedIn in Social Sites ranking (based on users and activity).
• Used primarily by women in affluent households.
• Has driven more traffic to websites than any other social platform for Retail and Women's Magazines in Feb 2012.
• Is a visual experience platform best used for food, locations and home decor.
Shortcuts get you cut off, from traffic!Don’t get caught in Trends!
1980 – Telemarketing1990 – Direct Mailers2000-2005 Keywords for Search (Google, Yahoo)2005-2008 Email Marketing, PPC, Banner Ads2009 – Social Sharing (Facebook, Twitter)2010 – Social Bookmarking (Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon)2011 – Video (YouTube, Vimeo, Conferencing)2012 – Pictures (Pinterest, Google+)
Search & Social Optimization of Content
Create Genuine Content that utilizes everything, 70% effective across 100% of sources is more effective
then 100% effective across 50% of the sources.It’s also safer!