social media changes everything
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGravity Summit: Social Media Overview
TITLE SPONSORSTITLE SPONSORS KEY SPONSORSKEY SPONSORS
TWEETUP AFTER PARTY TWEETUP AFTER PARTY SPONSORSPONSOR
Business Industries Here Today:
Healthcare, government, non-profit, ad agencies, public relations, entertainment,
professional services, technology, food and travel, manufacturing, telecommunications,
software, energy, sports marketing and more
Gravity Summit UCI Agenda6-22-09
9:00 Welcome / Introductions
9:15 Social Media Marketing Overview, Beverly Macy
9:45 AM KEYNOTE: Marketing Your Way Out of the Recession: How Marketers Are Reconnecting With Their Customers Using Social Media
John Gerzema, Chief Insights Officer and Brand Economist for Young & Rubicam
and the author of the bestselling book, “The Brand Bubble”
10:30 Networking Break
10:45 Using Twitter and PhotoSharing to Drive Business Results
11:30 DOMINO’S Case Study: Using Twitter, YouTube, Facebook to Drive Brand
Awareness and Revenue Ramon De Leon (aka DPZRAMON), Operating Partner Domino's Pizza
12:00 Networking Lunch
1:00 PM KEYNOTE Building Passionate Communities INTUIT, Christine Morrison Intuit Social Marketing Manager
1:45 SO CAL ACTION SPORTS NETWORK “Helping members of a community connect,
collaborate and prosper”Bryan Elliott, Chairman
2:15 VISIBLE TECHNOLOGIES (with DIRECTV) – Listen and Learn What Consumers Are Saying Online
Eric Forst, Account Manager; Charles Miller, DIRECTV
2:45 Networking Break
3:00 PANEL: Building and Managing Communities
Moderator: Angie Swartz, TwitterTalkRadio» Lauren Kozak, SMM Manager for Britney Spears» Scott Gulbransen, » Karen Sohl, Cisco Consumer Business
Group, Director, World Wide Corporate Communications,
» Steve Patrizi, VP Sales and Marketing, LinkedIn
4:00 Expert Q&A
5:30 TweetUp After Party at Bistango
Bridging the Gap
1. Educate, Learn, Inform, Empower» From Peers and Experts» Best Practices
2. Strategies and Tactics for Your Business
» Getting started
3. Networking» Offline, Online
Your Experience Today
1. Drinking from the Fire Hose2. New Ideas and Strategies3. Food for Thought
1. Average business has 7% awareness
2. 90% of your target market is not ready to buy
3. 6-7 touches per year 4. 80% of new sales take
8-15 contacts to gain interest
5. Avg salesperson abandons after 1-2 calls
(Photo by Julian Herbert/Getty Images South America)
• Twitter Has Changed Everything• Broadcast Viewership and Listenership is Eroding• Newspaper Readership is Declining• People Avoid Advertising
Create a conversation
The World of NOW
• CNN or TNN?• Red Cross disaster response and fundraising on
Twitter• The Pentagon just endorsed using Facebook and
Twitter• Best Buy Lowers Turnover • Ning Community at State Farm• Twitter has been monetized – by Dell• Twitter as a CRM Tool• Nationwide has an iPhone App
• Think about the way these people have branded themselves
• There has been change in what a traditional career path looks like
• People today change careers an average of 8 times during their lives
• What is your personal brand?
People Are Brands
Groundswell Is About….
1. Listening to customers2. Talking to customers3. Energizing customers4. Helping support
customers5. Embracing customers
Where Is Your Audience?
• Blogs • Social Networks • Message Boards/Forums • Video Sharing Sites • Photo Sharing Sites • Wikis
Social Media Listening Plan
• What content are your customers creating?
• What are they interested in?
• What is their motivation? • Is the feedback
Gravity Summit Calendar
• August 31, 2009 Harvard Faculty Club, Library The New NOW
• October 27, 2009 NYC Harvard ClubAdvertising and Public Relations
• December 1, 2009 George Wash U, DC“The Obama Effect” / Gov 2.0
• January 26, 2010 UCLA Faculty Club1 YEAR Gravity Summit 1 Year Anniversary
• February 23, 2010 Georgia Tech Faculty ClubFood and Travel
• March 30, 2010 University of ChicagoThe Future of Print Media
• April 27, 2010 NYC Harvard Club Mobile Applications
• May 25, 2010 Pennsylvania, University of Philadelphia
Health and Pharma
TWEET-UP AFTER PARTY
You are Invited to the Free Gravity Summit
EVERYONE WELCOMEGRAVITY SUMMIT TWEETUP AFTER PARTY
19100 Von Karman Avenue. Irvine, California 92612. Telephone: 949.752.5222
Rodney Rumford858.720.9604Twitter: www.twitter.com/rumford
Beverly W. Macy310.860.4788Twitter: www.twitter.com/beverlymacy
Social Media Best Practices
• Start with a plan, not tactics.
•“Give to get” New Paradigm - Giving value before expecting anything in return.
•Commit resources & time to be successful or you may very well fail.
•Be transparent with intentions & your identity or you may alienate the very audiences you’re trying to connect with.
•Understand, you do not control the message. What happens in Vegas…ends up on Google
•Welcome participation, feedback and co-creation. Encourage participation with communications, especially with brand evangelists.
•Metrics should roll up to objectives and objectives should be relevant to the channel.
Social Media Worst Practices
• Being FAKE in any way
• Not listening
• Being oblivious to formal & unwritten social rules
• Being pushy or overtly salesy in messaging
• Approaching social media channels as SILOS
Gravity Summit Consulting Services
• Education and TrainingThere is no such thing as a one size fits all approach when it comes to social media. The education and training service is designed to show you how to use social media tools and strategies that cater to your specific needs. Some companies want to know what twitter and wikis are, other companies want to know how they can create and identify online communities. Whatever your needs are we will work with you to make sure that you and your team get the education and training that you need to succeed and deliver results.
• Social Media Ideation and Strategic PlanningThe social media audit analyzes the current state of social media for your company. We provide strategic analysis and recommendations that will help your organization realize short-term benefits while setting a foundation for long-term results. We look at the competitive landscape as well as your target market to provide customized plan catered specifically for your company.
• Social Media Consulting and Custom ServicesConsulting can either be on a hourly/project/monthly basis and is customizable. Consulting can include everything from spending a few hours on explaining how to use Facebook to doing an opportunity assessment, advising on technology selection, campaign implementation, community identification, or a number of other services. We work with branded mobile apps (iphone, bb, other) as well as help in the Community Manager recruiting and selection process.
• Start a blog on Wordpress or Blogger• Family, vacation, hobby
• Follow your businesses on Twitter• Update your Linked In Account• Ning Community Site