sxsw interactive 2012
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHighlights and key
- 1. SxSW 2012 Download
- 2. Heres what I learned
- 3. Guy Kawasaki, founder of Alltop.com EXCELLENT INTERVIEWER! Described Google+ as Google 2.0 Users = people signed up for Google+, using any form of Google No plans to open API Vic Gundortra, SVP of engineering at Google+ HAS HAD GREAT MEDIA TRAINING!
- 4. multi ymono: the cultural advertising battle Marketers and brands are going to have to alter the way they perceive their audiences Minorities need to participate from the very start of messaging to be effective not just be an afterthought and Hispanicize an ad or content thats already been created Multicultural agencies are competing with traditional agencies when it comes to digital work
- 5. hispanic persona project Hispanic marketing is dying Hispanics are the largest U.S. minority: o 16 percent of the U.S. population o 23 percent of children in the U.S. are Hispanic o 63 percent of Hispanics in the U.S. were born here o Majority of the Hispanic population is under 30 years old If you want to be relevant, you must figure out the Hispanic market Think of Hispanics as users instead of consumers
- 6. hispanic persona project
- 7. shut up & drawLets awaken your visual cortex!1) Get a partner2) Come up with an acronym3) Create a phrase using the letters in your acronym4) Draw the phrase
- 8. shut up & draw Visuals can help you: o Articulate your thoughts o Memorize things o Get more out of your conversations o Convince someone of something If you want to visualize, but dont know how to draw, just draw a circle Drawing doesnt have to be perfect; it can be quick and dirty and still make an impact
- 9. shut up & draw Vivid Grammar: create a visual framework of what youre thinking about
- 10. drugs, milk & money: socialmedia in regulated industries Has to start at the top Make friends with legal Re-imagine your content Classify your content into red, yellow, green Cant have the come be our friend mindset Hone in on a narrow target; the more narrow, the better
- 11. key themes & takeaways The importance of visualization and storytelling Focus on social good Social apps to make serendipitous connections Cant wait to get Spredfast! Never be afraid to say, hi OCG is on the right track!!