t2 week 1 - learn.stleonards.vic.edu.au

Gingko 2017 Term 2 Week 1 Tell us about your holidays… During several morning mee/ngs this week we asked the group about their holidays and Easter. Providing children with the opportunity to speak about stories from home strengthens their sense of belonging within the ELC. It also aims to develop confidence to share their ideas with others and develops their ability to concentrate and listen to peers. Abbey I go to Lorne for three days. I gone to the beach. I helped some people but did you know I got sand stuck to my knees? The way to get it off is with a bath. On the way I buyed some white ice-poles. William I went on the aeroplane to Adelaide with Mum and Dad and Marcus and Sofia and Me. I made a cubby house with the two couches and I used the blue chairs. It was a cave with a monster in it! Sofia killed the monster. Miles I found Easter eggs in the kitchen and in my room and my Daddy and Mummy’s room. They were small eggs. I went to the shops. I buyed yoghurt for me. I went to the park and I played at the park with Daddy and Mummy. Teagan I went to Torquay. It was a very long drive. There was a beach and I can do surfing. I just do body surfing and Papa pushes me when the waves come. Amelia I went to Canberra with my cousins Kai and Sienna. I go out to the Zoo and I saw meerkats and I saw penguins. Levi Yesterday I went on a liQle boat and we saw all sorts of different things and we took photos and we had life jackets. Mummy and Daddy was peddling and I was driving the boat. Lauren One day, yesterday morning, when Gaga, my Grandma, she ate for breakfast she had some cup of tea and an Easter egg! For breakfast! Hero We stayed at Nanna and Pa’s house for all night and we went to McDonalds for dinner. Nanna was very impressed with me because I ate all of my fries. The Easter Bunny came when I was asleep and I asked Dad “When’s the Easter Bunny coming?” Persia couldn’t find her Easter egg but then she found it when we were watching T.V. Charlie I got a map. It’s foggy, it says what day is it and the month and you can see what day it is. It was April, foggy and you can change it every day. Hugo When I was on the holiday we went in two houses. We went on one aeroplane to Bali. Every night was raining and every day was really sunny. I stayed up for a liQle bit longer. We went in the pool everyday. Isla I went to the beach with Kirsten and Kendall and I found some sea glass. It’s orange. It could break if you have strong muscles. I fed a kangaroo, I put some food on the ground and the kangaroo eat it. I saw a wombat. Reece I went camping at Wilsons Prom with James and Brooke and a wombat got stuck under the chair! Jordan I went on the highest mountain. I just drove on the mountain. There was just roads, my Dad drove. ScarleQ When I went on holidays when it was rainy there was rain in my bedroom. It was leaking in my roof and on my TV. I went to the scooter park and rode my scooter up and down the hills. Not too big hills, not steep hills. Lachlan On a cruise ship. It had a pool and there was a deep one with sea water in there and I jumped in. I also went to the beaches. There was a plank that helped us get off and the cruise ship waited for us. Gwen I went to Summers Camp and I saw the real Easter Bunny! Gave us Easter Eggs. I went camping at my front yard with Teagan and Vanessa. Hunter I went on a train and then I get off and I saw the museum. I saw the museum where we went on our excursion. It (the train) went underground. Ella I went to Metung. We had bunk-beds. I was down the boQom and Sophie was on the top. I caught a king george whi/ng. That’s the King of the water. I saw jelly fish. Sophie catched a trevally. Daddy caught a fish. Frankie I went to Noosa. I had a lot of people with me - Freddie and Henry. Monty and Ollie made a shop - they were selling s/cks, bones and wood. I was on the boQom (bunk) of Ber/e.

Upload: others

Post on 13-Mar-2022

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

Gingko2017Term2Week1

Tellusaboutyourholidays…Duringseveralmorningmee/ngsthisweekweaskedthegroupabouttheirholidaysandEaster.Providing

childrenwiththeopportunitytospeakaboutstoriesfromhomestrengthenstheirsenseofbelongingwithintheELC.Italsoaimstodevelopconfidencetosharetheirideaswithothersanddevelopstheirabilityto

concentrateandlistentopeers.

Abbey IgotoLorneforthreedays.Igonetothebeach.IhelpedsomepeoplebutdidyouknowIgot sandstucktomyknees?Thewaytogetitoffiswithabath.OnthewayIbuyedsomewhiteice-poles.William IwentontheaeroplanetoAdelaidewithMumandDadandMarcusandSofiaandMe.Imadea cubbyhousewiththetwocouchesandIusedthebluechairs.Itwasacavewithamonsterinit!Sofia killedthemonster.Miles IfoundEastereggsinthekitchenandinmyroomandmyDaddyandMummy’sroom.Theywere smalleggs.Iwenttotheshops.Ibuyedyoghurtforme.IwenttotheparkandIplayedatthepark withDaddyandMummy.Teagan IwenttoTorquay.Itwasaverylongdrive.TherewasabeachandIcandosurfing.Ijustdobody surfingandPapapushesmewhenthewavescome.Amelia IwenttoCanberrawithmycousinsKaiandSienna.IgoouttotheZooandIsawmeerkatsandIsaw penguins.Levi YesterdayIwentonaliQleboatandwesawallsortsofdifferentthingsandwetookphotosandwe hadlifejackets.MummyandDaddywaspeddlingandIwasdrivingtheboat.Lauren Oneday,yesterdaymorning,whenGaga,myGrandma,sheateforbreakfastshehadsomecupoftea andanEasteregg!Forbreakfast!Hero WestayedatNannaandPa’shouseforallnightandwewenttoMcDonaldsfordinner.Nannawas veryimpressedwithmebecauseIateallofmyfries.TheEasterBunnycamewhenIwasasleepandI askedDad“When’stheEasterBunnycoming?”Persiacouldn’tfindherEastereggbutthenshefound itwhenwewerewatchingT.V.Charlie Igotamap.It’sfoggy,itsayswhatdayisitandthemonthandyoucanseewhatdayitis.ItwasApril, foggyandyoucanchangeiteveryday.Hugo WhenIwasontheholidaywewentintwohouses.WewentononeaeroplanetoBali.Everynightwas rainingandeverydaywasreallysunny.IstayedupforaliQlebitlonger.Wewentinthepooleveryday.Isla IwenttothebeachwithKirstenandKendallandIfoundsomeseaglass.It’sorange.Itcouldbreakif youhavestrongmuscles.Ifedakangaroo,Iputsomefoodonthegroundandthekangarooeatit.I sawawombat.Reece IwentcampingatWilsonsPromwithJamesandBrookeandawombatgotstuckunderthechair!Jordan Iwentonthehighestmountain.Ijustdroveonthemountain.Therewasjustroads,myDaddrove.ScarleQ WhenIwentonholidayswhenitwasrainytherewasraininmybedroom.Itwasleakinginmyroof andonmyTV.Iwenttothescooterparkandrodemyscooterupanddownthehills.Nottoobighills, notsteephills.Lachlan Onacruiseship.IthadapoolandtherewasadeeponewithseawaterinthereandIjumpedin.I alsowenttothebeaches.Therewasaplankthathelpedusgetoffandthecruiseshipwaitedforus.Gwen IwenttoSummersCampandIsawtherealEasterBunny!GaveusEasterEggs.Iwentcampingatmy frontyardwithTeaganandVanessa.Hunter IwentonatrainandthenIgetoffandIsawthemuseum.Isawthemuseumwherewewentonour excursion.It(thetrain)wentunderground.Ella IwenttoMetung.Wehadbunk-beds.IwasdowntheboQomandSophiewasonthetop.Icaughta kinggeorgewhi/ng.That’stheKingofthewater.Isawjellyfish.Sophiecatchedatrevally.Daddy caughtafish.Frankie IwenttoNoosa.Ihadalotofpeoplewithme-FreddieandHenry.MontyandOlliemadeashop- theyweresellings/cks,bonesandwood.IwasontheboQom(bunk)ofBer/e.

Gingko2017Term2Week1

Frankie:Ilik

ehimtalkin

gtome.

Weplayedon

thepirates

hip

withdifferen

tpeople.

Lauren:Weplayedontheswings

andweplayedonthetrampoline.

Teagan:He

isanewpers

onat

ourschoolin

ourclass.H

e’sa

goodfriend.

Levi:He’sthebestfriendeverintheworld.SomeEmesweplayracingcars-Lightning

McQueen,together.

Hugo:Milesmakesnewfriends.Heishappyeveryday.

Welcome Miles

Gingko2017Term2Week1

Icanseethewings.-IslaLachlanbroughtacontainerfullofvariouscreepy-crawliesthathehadfoundinthegardentoschool.We

observedthecreaturesanddiscussedwhatweno/cedduringamorningmee/ng…

Lachlan They’reinsects.They’rekissing.Abbey There’sallsortsofbugs!Lachlan There’sladybugsbutIdon’tknowwhattheblackoneisbecauseI’mnotabugexpert.But maybeit’sacen/pede?Hugo Maybeflies?Lachlan Someofthemdon’thavesuc/oncupssotheycan’treachtothetop.Gwen Ithinkthatonecouldbeaslug.Hugo Butslugshaveshells.Hero No,onlysnailshaveashell.Frankie Icanseeasnaillikealoveheart.It’slikealoveheart‘causehe’skeepingsos/ll.ScarleQ Theladybugiscrawlingupthetopoftheleaf.IthasliQlelegs.Isla Icanseethreeladybugs.Icanseethewings.Teagan Iseeacaterpillarcrawling.Amelia Icanseetheladybugsspots.Lachlan Allladybugshavespotssothatallothercreaturesdon’twanttoeatthem,‘causethey thinktheladybugsarerocks.Thespikeyonesareactuallyverysod.Frankie Howdoestheladybugplaywiththeotherladybugs?Lachlan Theyhavewingssotheycanplaychasey.

…Con/nuedonthenextpage…

Gingko2017Term2Week1

…Con/nued…Abbey Whyaretheresomanyladybugsinthewholeworld?Lachlan ‘CausethereisalotofMummysandtheycangettheladybugsborn.Thespikesones haveyellowstripesandIthinkthatmeansit’spoisonoussothebirdsdon’teatit.MrsPert Whatdotheyneedtolive?Abbey Food!Charlie Soil.MrsPert Whydotheyhaveleavesinthecontainer?Lachlan Sotheycanhavesomethingtoeat.Theyneedlotsofdirtsotheycanlive.MissKeir Alllivingthingshaveahabitat.Doesanyoneknowwhattheword‘habitat’means?Noideaswereputforth.MissKeir I’llgiveyouaclue,thehabitatforourfishwastheirtankwiththewaterandplantsinit. Sowhatmightahabitatbe?Frankie It’sabigtankwithwaterinitsotheycanswim.MissKeir Thatwasthehabitatforthefish,becauseitwastheirhome.Soahabitatislikeahome.If weweretousethetankforthebugs,whatwouldweneedtoputinittomakeitagood home?Teagan Dirt.Amelia Food,leaf.Hugo Theyneedlotsoflight‘causetheycan’tseewherethey’rewalking.Hero Ithinkbugsalsoeatwormtoo.Abbey Ormaybebugseatants?Gwen Water?Todrink.Ella Tanbark.

Withmuchenthusiasmandexcitementthechildrenthensearchedourgardenforappropriatematerialsandmadeahabitatforthebugs.ThankyouLachieforsharingthisgreatexperiencewithus.

Gingko2017Term2Week1

Alexander’s Family Congratula/onstoAbbey,Amelia,Charlie,IslaandLaurenforallyourwonderfulpersistence,crea/vity,problem-solvingandcoopera/onthroughouttheproject‘Alexander’sFamily’.

Wearesoimpressedbythefantas/cstoryyoucreatedtogether.Thankyoutoallthose

familieswhoaQendedthecelebra/onandshowedyoursupporttothegroup.Wehope

youenjoyviewingtheartworkfromtheprojectonthefollowingpage.

Gingko2017Term2Week1

The Illustrations of Alexander’s

Family

AbbeyIsla

Lauren Charlie

Amelia