t.4.6 - web client

i-SCOPE - i nteroperabl S mart C ity services through O pen P latform for urba E cosystem Presented by: Fondazione Graphitech, Italy interoperable Smart City services through an Open Platform f Ecosystem T.4.6 Web Client

Upload: i-scope-project

Post on 14-Jun-2015

Category:

Technology

2 download

TRANSCRIPT

Page 1: T.4.6 - Web client

i-SCOPE - interoperable Smart City services through an Open Platform for urban Ecosystems

Presented by:

Fondazione Graphitech, Italy

interoperable Smart City services through an Open Platform for urban Ecosystems

T.4.6 Web Client

Page 2: T.4.6 - Web client

i-SCOPE - interoperable Smart City services through an Open Platform for urban Ecosystems

3D web client

• The Entry Point to access i-Scope Services

• Based on a Open Source Virtual Globe SDK

• Integrated into webpage as applet component

• Client/Server architecture-oriented • User friendly

Web Client: Overview

Page 3: T.4.6 - Web client

Noise pollution:• punctual noise value as acquired from

the crowd• averaged value as a noise map

Web Client: Main Functionality

Energetic values as:• Building roof solar potential• Facade energy dissipation (New Castle Pilot)

Routing for diversely-able citizen

Realistic 3d city model

Page 4: T.4.6 - Web client

Connection with some widely used standard services, such as:

• WMS• WFS• WCS• WPS• OpenLs• W3ds ( possible future implementation)

Connection with personalized services:

• NoiseTube (jSon formatted answer)• personalized CityGml providing service

Web Client: data provider services

Page 5: T.4.6 - Web client

Web Client: Realistic 3d city modelPossible approaches to send data to the client:

• Wfs

Standard Service

Really complicated implementation and slow response from the server

Pros

Cons

Page 6: T.4.6 - Web client

Web Client: Realistic 3d city modelPossible approaches to send data to the client:

• W3ds

Possible future standard service, and 3d oriented

Only a draft documentation, really complex implementation inside the used Open Source Globe SDK

Pros

Cons

Page 7: T.4.6 - Web client

• Custom service

Totally customizable service, fast server response, easy implementation

Not a standard service

Pros

Cons

Page 8: T.4.6 - Web client

• The heat loss of the buildings facades can be represented only by applying textures to the model cityGml appearance model

Web Client: building heat loss and roof solar potential

• The roof solar potential can be visualized in some different manner: Using a standard WMS service to stream to the client a layer representing all the

requested information Applying textures to the model’s roofs cityGml appearance model Changing the colour of the roof as a function of a genericAttribute stored inside the

cityGml model

Common problem

Sending textures to the client involves the transmission of a large

amount of data

Page 9: T.4.6 - Web client

Routing service:

• Standard communication interface OpenLS

Web Client: routing and noise data

Noise data:

• Direct connection to the noiseTube service using personalized API to visualize a specific subset of acquired noise point (json response)

• Use of a standard WMS service to retrieve the average noise value as raster images

Page 10: T.4.6 - Web client

Web Client: architecture

Page 11: T.4.6 - Web client

Thank you for your attention

Contact details

Marco SoaveFondazione Graphitech Via Alla Cascata, 56/C 38123 Trento ITALY e-mail: [email protected] Web page: www.graphitech.it