Post on 11-Aug-2014
News & Politics
Embed Size (px)
PRESENTATION ON TATA “NANO” IN
PRESENTED BY :
HARSHIL SHAH-82HINALI SHAH-83
KHELAN SHAH-84RIKIN SHAH-86BIJAL SHAH-88
Outline1) Introduction Of Tata Company2) The seeds of Dream3) The Nano Project4) Plant Of Tata Nano in Sanand5) Deal Of Tata Nano6) Cheers for Rajkot Auto parts Industry7) Anatomy8) Advantages of ‘The Wonder Car’9) Challenges to Tata Nano10)Conclusion
Flow Of Presentation1)Harshil Shah -Introduction
-The Seeds Of Dream2) Hinali Shah -About the NANO Project
-Plant Of Tata Nano3) Khelan Shah -Deal Of Tata Nano
-Cheers For Rajkot Industry4) Rikin Shah -Anatomy
-Advantages5) Bijal Shah -Challenges
INTRODUCTION OF TATA COMPANY
• Mr. Ratan tata is the chairman of the TATA company
• It is diversified in 90 companies like Tata steel, Tata salt, Tata chemicals, Tata motors, Titan, Tata Telecom etc…
• This company is serving INDIA for over 130 years
• This company continuously upgrades technology with tie ups & collaboration with global companies
A DRIVE TOWARDS… PROSPERITY – “NANO”
THE SEEDS OF DREAM
The dream stared when Ratan Tata saw a family of four people (Husband, wife & two children) going on two-wheeler on heavy rain in highly risky conditions…But in India it’s a very common scene.
Mr. Ratan Tata said, “I observed families riding on two-wheelers - the father driving the scooter, his young kid standing in front of him, his wife seated behind him holding a little baby. It led me to wonder for such a car which is safe & affordable to any middle class family.”
The NANO Project
• Gujarat has hit a jackpot in the form of “NANO” after controversy in Singur
• In this controversy farmers of Singur opposed Tata company because they did not want to sell their land
• Mamta Banerjee also supported them & opposed for this project. So, Mr. Ratan Tata decided to divert project in Gujarat.
• Mr. Narendra Modi encouraged Gujarat for this project
• Mr. Modi wants Gujarat to shine on the global map
• Mr. Tata bought 1162 acres land for this grand project.
• With the help of this project there will be employment opportunities for 10,000 people (approx).
• Initially, Tata Motors will produce 2.5-3 lakh cars annually and expand up to 5 lakh cars per annum.
Tata Nano Plant In Sanand
The Tata Nano project location in Sanand boasts of close connectivity to National Highway-8 connecting Rajkot and Ahmedabad.
The Nano site is also close to the proposed Dholera port, which is being set up as an industrial development project as part of the implementation of Delhi-Mumbai freight corridor.
Deal Of Tata NanoA loan of Rs. 9750 Crore & that too at an
amazingly soft at 0.1% simple rate of interest.
Repayment of this loan @ 0.1% over 20 years.
They got 100% exemption on electricity duty.
The 1100 Crores’ Land comes highly subsidies without any stamp duty registration and transfer charges.
The payment for land would be made in eight equal annual instalment at a compound interest of 8% p.a.
Nano to bring cheer to Rajkot’s auto parts industry
Rajkot has biggest automobile parts indutry so, Tata gave auto parts contract to Rajkot’s auto part industry
Rajkot is a hub for the auto parts ancillary units and will be happy to supply parts to Tata
There are 100 such units in Rajkot GIDC estate at Metoda with an annual turnover of Rs 1,500 crore.
Out of these, the supply to Tata comes to Rs 200 crore per annum, and supports around 50 units in a major way
Anatomy of “Nano Car” Price: 1.2 lakh onwards
Engine: 624cc, twin-cylinder
Gearbox: 4-speed manual
Top Speed: 95-100kmph (Speculated)
Length – 3100mm
Width – 1500mm
Height – 1600mm
Wheelbase – 2230mm.
Various colors of “The Wonder Car”
NANO – “THE WONDER CAR”
ADVANTAGES OF “THE WONDER CAR”:
Nano will give more mileage in less petrol
Many Automobile companies will get the benefit from this infrastructure
Nano will create Job opportunity for the 10,000 people (approx)
It’s like “DREAM COME TRUE” for middle class people
It will help for the employment of Engineers, their skill development & creation of trained manpower
It will also help to Shipping industries & Air-line industries
The Prices of land near project area also go up in now-a-days
Because of this wonder car there is also development of roads near Sanand
It will also helps in development of Schools & Hospitals
Tata had come to Gujarat not just to make money, but to contribute to the state development & public welfare
Educational institutes see window to start new Automobile courses in Ahmedabad
Tata’s are going to start An Auto academy & Driving school along with the Nano manufacturing
Challenges to Tata Nano
• Political issues in Gujarat.
• Fuel price hikes is the most important challenge for Nano.
• Increase in material cost like steel and tires.
Conclusion • Nano really proved cheapest car of the industry
• Nano definitely helps to come true for middle man ‘s dream
• Some hidden minus points of nano are there, still It is beneficial to Gujarat as a state development.
• Brand Gujarat gets a big boosts internationally due to Nano Project.