Click here to load reader
Post on 10-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Our students should be ignorant of nothing they need to
-Father Basil Moreau
2. 3. 4. 5. Evolution of the Pencil
6. Award Winning Student Newspaper: 21st Century Style
7. Writing for an authentic audience The Explorer
8. 9. Rosie Rios 83, U.S. Treasurer
pictures of Skype with Rosie Rios expanding walls of classroom
10. Robotics solving problems, building, learning by hands-on experience
11. Experience real life collaboration
12. 13. 14. 15. BLOGGING
16. Ms. Chens Chinese Class Blog
17. Student Responses
19. 20. WIKIS
21. 22. Geometry Resources
23. Video Conferencing
24. 25. 24/7
26. Students who took all or part of their classes online performed better, on average, than those taking the same course through traditional face-to-face instruction.
- Recent meta-analysis by the U.S. Dept. of Education and SRI Center for Technology in Learning
27. 28. Ms. Chens Twitter Page
29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. Diigo and The French Revolution
35. I agree, this is probably the best one in which Robert did, I get it, good job!
I was worried because i didn't get some notes down in class but now that I've checked on here, I'm fine. The drawings helped me out.
The drawings are very clear and precise, makes everything a lot easier. The notes help me understand everything.
- Zachary deCastro
36. AP Stats: Compiling Student Tutorials
37. 38. 39. 40. 41. iChat with Lauren (Lauren will send us a picture next week (week of 1/25)
42. Web 2.0 Tools Wiki
43. Digital Parenting
44. Today, 8-18 year-olds devote an average of 7 hours and 38 minutes (7:38) to using entertainment media across a typical day (more than 53 hours a week).
- Kaiser Family Foundation Study (2009)
45. With media use so ubiquitous, it is time to stop arguing over whether it is good or bad and accept it as part of childrens environment, like the air they breathe, the water they drink and the food they eat.
- Dr. Michael Rich, Director, Center on Media and Child Health
Childrens Hospital Boston
46. 47. Studying
48. 49. 50. Communicate your family beliefs and values
51. Boundaries are about setting the bottom line and making agreements about what is acceptable and what is not.
52. Explain why its important
Not too many
53. 54. MCHS Librarys facebook Page
Become a fan!
55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. Sat prep slide
Kaiser Family Foundation Study: http://www.kff.org/entmedia/mh012010pkg.cfm
Parent and Teen: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2157/1809096003_fd677b3583.jpg
Video Conferencing Slide:
64. Blogging Slide:
65. Podcasting Slide:
School Learning Network Slide:
Information Overload Slide: http://www.rkrk.net.au/index.php/Image:Information_overload.jpg