the five minute culture
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTons of companies focus on elaborate manifestos when it comes to defining their culture. For us right now, we just focus on hiring people who do one of three things after a quick conversation: Make us laugh, teach us something, or tell us an interesting story that gives us something intriguing to look up later. It's a simple approach and it's working so far.
- THE FIVE MINUTE Culture No manifestos No mascots A simple approach
- If I spent FIVE MINUTES alone with someone at your company
- Would I get the RIGHT IMPRESSION?
- Culture is a whale of a topic. How do you explain your culture to others?
- ITS SIMPLE.
- Good culture shows up in results.
- Good culture shows up in results. NOT MANIFESTOS.
- If we leave you alone
- If we leave you alone FOR FIVE MINUTES
- If we leave you alone FOR FIVE MINUTES with one person from our company
- One of THREE THINGS will happen:
- 1. You will laugh.
- 1. You will laugh. 2. You will learn something.
- 1. You will laugh. 2. You will learn something. 3. You will have something interesting to look up later.
- Plenty of folks spend time writing down lists of things they believe.
- But what do those statements look like IN ACTION?
- What would happen in your teams five minutes?
- Bring Robin to Work. Getrobin.com/oice. [email protected]