the (im)possible role of the social media manager
out of 17
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONYour social media team is falling short -- and it's not their fault. It's time to reevaluate your business objectives and SPARK across departments. Learn how to create a Social Media Forum that staffs for success.
- THE (IM)POSSIBLE ROLE OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER How To Staff for Social Media Success
- Do you know this guy?
- His job exists,but its ability to succeed does not.
- Heres why: 65% 57% 78%of companies use dont monitor the of brands dont planstaff to do social competition to hire internally in media on top of 2013 for social mediatheir other duties. We should be monitoring the competition but When an employee works solely on social dont have media, its on a team the time. of 3 or fewer. Median pay for a Brands struggle with Social Media Manager monitoring and measurements 65% 63% said its due to lack of time blamed lack of staffing $45,000- $55,000 SOURCE: RAGAN & NASDAQ OMX CORPORATE SOLUTION SURVEY RESULTS, 2013
- That role was born from a need... but is that need still the need?
- Step back and take a look at your BUSINESS OBJECTIVES More feedback onproducts before launch Increase awareness/stickiness of brand message Reduce customer service operational costs Allow users to get more information before purchase Change brand perception
- And what about the ones you havent thought of? Increase moralewithin the company Better understand the landscape of your competition Capitalize on real time events Crisis management
- It takes a village.
- Introducing theSOCIAL MEDIA FORUM
- The many skill sets needed for social media success: Strategy Process Action Review K nowledge
- SPARK across departments Customer Marketing C-Suite Public Research & Human Service Customer Marketing C-Suite Relations Public Research & Resources Development Human Service Goals Goals Goals Relations Goals Development Goals Resources Goals To reduce call To increase awareness To show investors To improve the Goals volume to customer Goals of branding and Goals tremendous enthusiasm Goalsimage brands Goals feedback Goals improve morale To obtain on current and future To connect employees and To reduce call To increase awareness To show investors To improve the To obtain feedback To connect employees service / save costs marketing message from consumers products volume to customer of branding and tremendous enthusiasm brands image on current and future and improve morale service / save costs marketing message from consumers products Strategy Strategy Strategy Strategy Strategy Strategy Strategy VP Customer Service Strategy VP Marketing / Agency Strategy CMO Strategy / Agency VP Marketing Strategy Dev. VP Product Strategy VP HR VP Customer Service VP Marketing / Agency CMO VP Marketing / Agency VP Product Dev. VP HR Process Process Process Process Process Process Process Monitoring tools, Process Campaign Management, Process Executive Reports Process Sentiment Reports, Process tools, Monitoring Process tools, Monitoring Monitoring tools, CS Schedules, FAQs, Campaign Management, Content creation Voice, Executive Reports Sentiment Plan, SM Crisis Reports, Monitoring tools, FAQs, CS Schedules, Monitoring tools, FAQs, CS Schedules, Training Schedules, FAQs, CS Content creation Voice, and Tone SM Crisis Plan,Press lists Monitoring, CS Training FAQs, Schedules, CS Schedules, FAQs, Training Training and Tone Monitoring, Press lists Training Training Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Action Monitoring tools,tools, Monitoring SM Communications SM Communications SM Communications SM Communications PR Manager, PR Manager, Research Manager, Research Manager, Monitoring tools, tools, Monitoring CS Schedules, FAQs,FAQs, CS Schedules, Manager, Designers, Manager, Designers, Manager Manager Community Manager
View more >