think beyond the label & wirestone keynote at usbln
Click here to load reader
out of 32
Post on 25-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONKeynote given at the 2010 USBLN conference sharing the Think Beyond The Label advertising and marketing campaign. Focus is on helping businesses understand the value of hiring workers with disabilities.
- 1. USBLN Keynote
Barbara Otto, Health & Disability Advocates
Paul Marobella, Wirestone
September 22, 2010
- 2. Who we are
- Think Beyond the Label is a national campaignlaunched in January 2010which focuses on making the business case for employing people with disabilities.
- 3. The collaboration is a partnership of state health and human service agencies with MIG grants that have undertaken state and federally funded projects designed to enhance the systems that provide opportunities for people with disabilities to enter the workforce.
- 4. It also includes corporations committed to raising awareness that hiring people with disabilities makes good business sense.
- 5. Health and Disability Advocates (HDA), a national non-profit organization and technical assistance center promoting income security and improved access to health care, coordinates the campaign as its fiscal agent.
- 6. Our message is simple: labels get in the way, but disabilities rarely do.