time management, multi tasking & other myths - wmccai managers luncheon 1-29-13
out of 30
Post on 11-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Time Management, Multi-Tasking & Other Myths Presented by Thomas L. Willis, PCAM Zalco Realty, Inc./Association Bridge, LLC WMCCAI Manager Luncheon Program January 29, 2013
- 2. This is about introspection this is aboutmindset more than skillset this is aboutanalysis this is about CHANGE Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies. - Robert Kennedy
- 3. When all is said and done Myths? Planning the Work Working the Plan When Work Actually WorksFor You Yes You Can!
- 4. Myth #1 - You Can Manage TimeReady.GO!
- 5. Myth #2 - You CANT Management Time (Events)Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.(Thank you, Gary Larson)
- 6. Its a brave new day!PLANNING THE WORK
- 7. How do you know what you are going to dotoday?
- 8. Prioritized Task List Oh decisions, decisions Whats important? Chronological factors Weeklies, monthlies & other periodic tasks (wanna stay out of trouble?) Time blocks > creating milestones When do I plan to plan? Means & methods
- 9. Prioritized Task List Why??
- 10. Greatnow the day actually startsWORKING THE PLAN
- 11. Working the planThis is this when mediocre managers give up andgenerally tell me I am full of certain organicmatter.Photo Credit: Adam Tinsworth
- 12. External Obstacles Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. -John Lennon
- 13. External Obstacles Managers Quiz: Which law has the greatest impact in the way we do our business? a. Federal Law b. County/City Ordinances c. Condominium/HOA/POA Acts d. Case Law e. Murphys Law
- 14. External Obstacles When stuff happens, the excellent manager practices the art of reprioritization while remembering that the important things are rarely urgent, and urgencies are rarely important.
- 15. Internal ObstaclesThe hard truth is
- 16. You dont have time?Tasks are not necessarily static
- 17. Attitude may not be everything, but it suremakes a difference!"If you think you can, or if you think you cant, either way, youre right." -Henry Ford
- 18. Can you save time by increasingproductivity? Of course you can Think of time in terms of blocks Single Handling Concept Think efficiencies all the time seconds>minutes>hours Beware of Myth #5
- 19. Multi-Tasking!
- 20. A plethora of tips & strategies No, Im not going to put them on a slide. That would be too much like PowerPoint Bullet Hell. You really should write them down so you can make them your own anyway.
- 21. A plethora of tips & strategies Myth #6 It is more effective to work long blocks of time and even cut back on sleep to get things done. Myth #7 You have to stay tethered to your electronics to be responsive
- 22. This is the really cool partWHEN WORK REALLY WORKS FOR YOU
- 23. Want to actually make these happen?Weaving your values and goals intoeveryday life turns your dreams intorealities
- 24. How many people are you?A segmented life leads A unified life mitigatesto inner conflict inner conflict
- 25. Reality of allowing urgencies to rule
- 26. WHY?
- 27. You want some more why? This year has the potential to be the best year of your life. Time does not care about you. It is constant. It is relentless. Own your life. Add value to time. Add quality to time. Only you can do this. Of course you can do it.
- 28. THANK YOU for your time today. I sincerely hope you consider it an investment.I would love to hear how any of the things we shared together today may have worked for you. Please feel free to connect with me and keep the dialogue going. Thomas L. Willis, PCAM firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Facebook: http://on.fb.me/muilto Twitter: @ideaguypcam Linkedin: http://linkd.in/sxLgws Tomasuarus Rex Blog: http://thomaslwillis.blogspot.com/
View more >