tips to fluency meeting
Click here to load reader
Post on 28-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Better online experience Tips to Fluency
- 2. How do you want to display your Video? Do you want your navigation to be a little more interactive rather than a one dimension? Do you want your video to: Pop out into a Lightbox style? http://www.stswithuns.com/Headmistress-Welcome Play within the window? www.pangbourne.com/Video-Collectio Open a new tab? http://www.acs-schools.com/social-hub ( go to YouTube category) Are you hosing on Vimeo or Youtube? Do you have a a collection of videos? Do you want a collection button?
- 3. Do have many videos Do you have a video gallery? Do you want to show off your many videos.? See Berkhamsted School new templatehttp://www.berkhamstedschool.org/Video-Gallery Alternatively you can use your current content template, seehttp://www.pangbourne.com/Video-Collection and http://www.warwickschool.org/About- Us-Video-Showcase Speak to your account manager to find out how you might create a video collection page or have an additional video template
- 4. Displaying many photos? Do you have many photos within many categories? Sherborne for girls wanted there photos grouped and organised into a gallery category and even a sub category to show off many photos. Note: Each link opens a new tab. https://sherbornegirls.fluencycms.co.uk/Galleries Speak to your account manager to find out how we can help
- 5. Trying to raise money, celebrating an anniversary? The Royal School had Schoolwebsite create a extractive fund raising thermometer. Showing off how much money was raised and incorporating their anniversary https://theroyalschool.fluencycms.co.uk/175-Celebrations
- 6. Communicating your strengths Why not have some of your best quotes on the home page Images. From VIP guests, news editors, publications, independent reviews, parents, famous past pupils. "A school in tremendous shape Tatlers Schools Guide My sons school has more than lived up to our expectations, providing new challenges and opportunities for both our children in a caring and supportive environment. Current parent
- 7. Communicating your strengths Include you motto or strapline directly on your home page image Welcome your website site visitor Inform your visitor who you are, or where you are located Promote you open day directly
- 8. Communicating your strengths Promote external reviews Have a page dedicated to great reviews Link to external sites promoting your school This helps SEO Use the reviews in your social update Promote links to other achievements Exams Sport Arts Duke of Edinburgh Accreditations
- 9. Portal links Password links to pages for Governors, Email, Parents, New staff, Staff Have you created a password link to your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) See http://www.berkhamstedschool.org/Portals See http://www.kngs.co.uk (see portals)
- 10. Portal links We have integrated with many schools with their Management Information System MIS: Isams - http://www.isams.co.uk School Base - http://www.furlongsolutions.com/products/schoolbase WCBS (PASS) - http://www.wcbs.co.uk/ SIMS - http://www.capita-sims.co.uk/ CMIS Facility - http://www.advanced-learning.co.uk/products/cmis/ Linking data via their XML script and XML templates
- 11. Parents Page. A landing page to help user experience and communicate important messages http://www.cooperscoborn.org.uk/Parents http://www.eltham-college.org.uk/parents
- 12. Important Notices Have you set up an important notice Light box style page. They can not only be used for Snow days but open days, no email notice etc Introducing a new website and informing parents quick links Show casing a video Informing pupil exam registration
- 13. Important Notice Have you set up an important notice Light box style page. They can not only be used for Snow days but open days, not email notice etc
- 14. Launching a new video? If your very proud of a video you can always promote your video using the important message function
- 15. Create a password protected page on my school website You can create password protected pages in order to hide content you want to hide from the general public but make available to stakeholders etc. Thanks to our Fluency CMS, creating password protected pages is as easy as 1-2-3! Log into Fluency, select 'Users' from your Website Admin drop-down menu. Under the Roles tab select the 'Password Protected' option. Selecting the User Details tab, enter your user details here, including the username, password and email you'd like to assign your user. Selecting the Page Access tab, select the page or pages you'd like private and accessible by this person/persons only. Don't forget to Save your changes before sharing the Username and Password with your users! Now, when a visitor comes across that particular page of your website they will be presented with a Log-in portal that requires both the Username and Password that you have set up. It is as simple as that!
- 16. Tagging News Do you write a lot of news blogs? When you write a blog you could tag your blog and have a filter option within you New Stories page. If you want a filter option please contact you account manager
- 17. Google SEO Having a Mobile friendly sites get higher Google ranking. For the first time ever Google announced on 21st April how one of there algorithm works http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/finding-more-mobile-friendly-search.html http://blog.schoolwebsite.co.uk/Google-update-mobile-friendly-websites Basically, Google has been updated to boost mobile search rankings for mobile optimised pages. Key points: Affects only search rankings on mobile devices Affects search results in all languages globally Applies to individual pages, not entire websites If you are short of time at least set up you Home Page with your keywords and meta description Constant content updated helps Google search tools.
- 18. Google+ Update you Google+ with your Open Dates or marketing events Register your school with Google business http://www.Google.co.uk/intl/en/business/ Update your Google+ https://plus.Google.com/117072002108393085120/about Having a Google+ account helps your Google map information and user experience Update and register your Google+ will help your Google map detail and user experience If you add your own photos, to Google+ it will update the photos on your Google map
- 19. Google SEO Having a Mobile friendly sites get higher Google ranking. For the first time ever Google announced on 21st April how one of there algorithm works http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/finding-more-mobile-friendly-search.html http://blog.schoolwebsite.co.uk/Google-update-mobile-friendly-websites If you are short of time at least set up you Home Page with your keywords and meta description Constant content updated helps Google search tools.
- 20. A maximum of 156 characters can be used for Meta Description Improving SEO - The Meta data Unlimited number of characters If you are short of time at least set up you Home Page with your keywords and meta description
- 21. Other Social tools Have useful links that get used a lot - LinkedIn on staff page, Pintrest on parent page. Linkedin can be used by Staff, prospectus Staff and Ex pupils Increases visibility and builds reputation Dont forget to update you Wikipedia page This is used by Google with a search
- 22. Other Social tools Have useful links that get used a lot - LinkedIn on staff page, Pintrest on parent page. Linkedin can be used by Staff, prospectus Staff and Ex pupils Increases visibility and builds reputation For Alumni , a Linkedin group encourages and strengthens relationships between graduates of your school and assist them in their careers and business life. An Alumni group could be used by your Development department to help raise donations or communicate society events.
- 23. Pinterest Dont forget Pintrest is used a great deal by mothers. Most mothers have a great deal of influence on choosing a school Social site that is all about discovery 68% of users are female 70 million active monthly users Organise your profile using different boards - topics Allows for creativity with images Good driver of traffic Great site for SEO of images Increases visibility and builds reputation https://www.pinterest.com/search/people/?q=st+swithuns+school https://www.pinterest.com/stswithunsart/ = has 335 followers Have useful links that get used a lot - LinkedIn on the staff page, Pintrest on your parent page.
- 24. Other Social tools Have useful links that get used a lot LinkedIn on staff page, Pintrest on parent page Facebook on your home page Twitter on home or landing pages Update your Google maps Improve your Wikipedia Increases visibility and builds reputation Have a social landing page. Update your blogs settings, so blogs are posted out to your facebook account You could have a social hub , page - http://www.sherborne.com/#/4 Or http://themaristschools.com/social-media
- 25. Update Facebook from your blogs When you set up a blog so that it feeds your Facebook account. You can find more information on the blog settings for integration here: https://schoolwebsite.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203629898-Blog-Feature-Integration- Options
- 26. Do you want to promote this unique account within your Sports/arts / events landing page, by adding that. See mock up. We have done this for other schools. https://berkhamstedscho ol.fluencycms.co.uk/kjsc- test http://www.eltham- college.org.uk/Sport-At- Eltham-College-Overview Show your specific twitter accounts on other pages
- 27. Associated links
- 28. Communicating to Existing Parents Install on your iphone or apple tablet https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/charterhouse-school/id429390748?mt=8 Keep up-to-date with the latest news and calendar dates, view image and video galleries as well as the prospectus and other useful School information: Features Include: - News and Calendar - Image Gallery - Video Gallery - Location Map & Directions
- 29. Rich Media Management Images The types of images that can be used within fluency are. The File extensions allowed: *.JPEG, *.JPG, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.GIF, *.gif Max image file size allowed: 5 MB A good recommendation is under 1MB, especially if you have many images on the page A recommendation of 70 Dots per inch (DPI) Managing your ecommerce. If you want to be really organised you could set up a folder in your Image manager in fluency and start early uploading your product photos. Video Upload via a zip file, https://schoolwebsite.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201908268-Inserting-Images The format is MP4 max file size can be 29.3 MB. We always strongly suggest uploading on to YouTube or Vimeo then embedding the video. As the video can be uploaded at higher quality and also the load time will be far better on these platforms. PDF Remember if you have a PDF on your site it slows accesses on your site via mobile connection
- 30. Workshops Why not join our: Free digital online workshops. Sign up for online marketing workshops - Intro to SEO, Advanced SEO, How to use social media better or join our weekly support webinar To register and view the calendar of events please go to http://www.schoolwebsite.co.uk/webinar-registration Are you receiving our newsletters and important industry news? Then please go to http://www.schoolwebsite.co.uk/Newsletter-Sign-Up Useful management tools Want to see your responsive pages while at your desk? Here is a video on How to Resize your Browser, to view your responsive design https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRJQxWzFrI&feature=youtu.be If you want to learn quickly what is a responsive design goto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61LrtaKSWQ Want to take picture on your screen? To help create a good brief you might want to learn to use Microscofts SNIPPING TOOL. Every PC has this bit of software. To learn where this tool is on you PC go tohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcFOoNR9vI A great tool to capture an image to part of your screen, to then be able to send it quickly. Not just for Briefs but for many things
- 31. Helping Schools achieve online excellence, consistency and web quality