todds 18 present to his friends and supporters
Click here to load reader
Post on 30-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTodd is a Bundaberg resident who's grown up a tad differently than most of us - at the age of 18 some special people in his life tell his story
- 1. Todd s 18 th Birthday I want to thank everybody who has helped me have the best life and also kept my mum and dad sane !!!
- 2. In the beginning.
- I was born in Mackay on March 26 1988.
- It was The International Year of the Child.
- My Mum, Dad, Ben and Luke thought I was pretty special
- Little did they know just how special.
- I grew up on a yacht called Tere Hau Moana. My dad looked after me while Mum and my two bros went to school.
- It was a great life.
- I didnt know that I was different until I started school . I am Autistic and I also am mentally impaired which means my brain doesnt work that good.
- 4. Ben, Dad and I having fun at home.
- 5. School days
- When I was two we came to live in Bundaberg. We still lived on our yacht at Elliott Heads. I started school and my Dad had some free time to himself.
- School was so good cos My mum was with me .
- Eventually I went to Special School where I met more kids like me.
- 6. Holidays .
- My mum and Dad are so good to me . They take me on holidays all over Australia and sometimes overseas like Fiji and NZ.
- We have lots of fun and meet heaps of people.
- 7. Fun around the Pool.
- 8. My Big Bros
- Ben is my brother and I love it when he comes home cos he takes me places like, to the movies or to bowling. He picks me up from school and drives me home. I make him laugh when I sing.Selma came from Portugal to meet me. She gave me a great soccer shirt.
- Luke is my brother and he spoils me too. He buys me cool clothes and DVDs.
- When Luke comes home he takes me to the Go-Carts or the beach.
- Louie is Lukes girlfriend and she is cool.She comes from Perth. I went there to see her a few years ago.
- 9. At Lukes Air Base in Perth.
- 10. Ben and Selma
- 11. Luke and Louie
- 12. Now I am 18!
- Lots of people ask me what I want to do. Well I dont know I think I will just chill out with My mum and Dad until I can live by myself when I am older.I know I am different but I still can do lots of things.
- My mum wants to write a book and call it Mr T .
- My Dad wants to go sailing with mum and me too.. I hope
- 13. Jenny, My special friend who I stay with in Gympie
- 14. Xmas 2005/6
- 15. I started my love of drivinganything
- I started with a Go Cart. I had a motor bike for a while but I just love my Bush bashers!!!!
- Dad reckons I have had 14 cars.
- Cortina, Chevy-Luv ,Mini-Moke, Ford XD, Corolla, Datsun 200B,Corolla,
- Camira ,Lancer, Datsun 120Y, Laser, Datsun 1200,Corona
- 16. Doing Doughies!!!!
- 17. Schizophrenia. I almost forgot to tell you that I am suffering from schizophrenia. It is really a bit scary but I am OK if I take my tablets. Lots of people suffer from depression and I have a type of that.
- 18. My Mum with her friends and mine too.
- 19. Thank you
- Thank you for being my friend and a friend to my special family.
- You have really helped Mum, Dad Ben and Luke especially when I have been a pain .
- Dont feel sorry for me cos I have a great life .
- Why wouldnt I when I have such cool people in my family !!!
- 20. Think about this
- If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
- Perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
- Let him step to the music he hears
- However measured or far away.