top web 2.0 tools voicethread/jing connie white director of technology & media lakeview academy
Embed Size (px)
Top Web 2.0 Tools Voicethread/Jing
Director of Technology & Media
• What is it?– It is conversation build around media such
as images, documents and videos. Individuals can comment by voice, text, audio file or webcam and then share with others.
• How can I use it?– Can be used for storytelling, research,
individual thought, expression, teaching, assessment and much more….
– Go to http://voicethread4education.wikispaces.com/
• How much does it cost?– FREE for K-12 classroom educators– May join Ed.voicethread which is secure
and students can participate without email.• $60.00 per year
– School subscription available with administrative tool
• 50 student increments at $1 per child• 350 students = $350.00
• How do I get started?– Go to http://voicethread.com and click on
the sign in or register link.– Select “Educator” during registration.
• Hands On Practice and Download
• What is it?– http://www.jingproject.com/– 2GB free storage and 2GB bandwidth on
• Math Example
• Getting Started
• Capture – start capture
• History – copies of capture
• More – settings like setting up a hotkey
• Restart Video Capture
•Send to Screencast (URL)•Send to Screencast (embed)•Save•Cancel
•Remember to name your screencast!
• Guided practice….