transmedia film experiences
Post on 28-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAnjali Ramachandran gave a 5-minute presentation on transmedia film experiences at Ignite London 3
2. 3. 4. 5. So far, the most successful transmedia franchises have emerged when a single creator or creative unit maintains control over the franchise. Hollywood might well study the ways that Lucasfilm has managed and cultivated its Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises.
- Henry Jenkins
University of Southern California
6. 7. Presenting a single unified narrative in the form of two movies, nine animated shorts, and a cinematic video game, the Wachowskis have offered a new model for storytelling in the detail-obsessed, information-saturated digital age.
- Ivan Askwith
The Big Spaceship
8. 9. 10. Searching for pre-release Easter Eggs and going on scavenger hunts that tie into the movie's marketing wasn't just for Internet geeks anymore. Geekdom had entered the mainstream.
- Dan OBrien
11. 12. We werent just paying lip service to social media, so that we could name-check fashionable web 2.0 brands in press releases. Everything we did with these channels was driving towards finding a broader audience for our content, using the right tools for the right jobs, building a community of common interest around the unfolding back-story.
- Daniel Light
13. The Disloyal Subjects of the Mad Hatter
14. I started to experiment with it not being a film in traditional form -- how could I put people into the shoes of the protagonist? How could the story move from one experience to another in ways that created some degree of social interaction?
- Lance Weiler
15. 16. 17. 18. ...what if your participation over a few weeks or months actually impacts the storys development and creates positive change in the real world because a philanthropic mission is integrated into the narrative itself?
- Tim Kring