value creation through excellence
Post on 22-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Value Creation through Excellence JAIPUR CHAPTER, ICSI
2. 3. Excellence
- Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way
- -Booker T. Washington
4. Different facet of Excellence 5. Value Creation
- The Value of Achievement lies in Achieving.
- And Value is created when Excellence is Achieved
6. ValueCreation 7. 8.
- Role as a Company Secretary
Company Law Secretary Company Secretary Professional 9.
- Branding of a Company Law Secretary is
- Some Myth and Queries.
- are still there in theminds of Company Secretaries
- What is the Role of Company Secretary ?
- Whether this Degree is sufficient?
- What type of profile I will get?
11. General Perception About ACompany Secretary 12. Doors are Open,Decision Is Yours 13. Edge from other Profession 14. Difference in Gaining Knowledge & Practice 15.
- Areas of Study
16. Subjects We Study 17. 20% 100% WHY ? 2% 18. Virtues of our Profession Can Take Active participation in all Strategic decisions. 19. CS Profession is Beyond Company Law 20.
- We are Taught more thanjustlaws .
- But Do we. Use all of them??
- Gaining an insight beyond company law
- You Can Create a Difference.
- By Exploring Yourself & Grabbing new opportunities
23. Who isCompany Secretary 24.
- COMPANY POLICIES
OPERATIONAL PLANNING AND EXECUTION BOARD OF DIRECTORS CORPORATE PLANNING LEGAL FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS HUMANRESOURCES CORPORATECOMMUNICATION PRODUCTIONAND OPERATIONS MARKETING INFORMATIONTECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENTS IN A COMPANY EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS DIR A DIR B DIR C DIR D DIR E INVESTORS GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORS SOCIETY SUPPLIERS CUSTOMERS LENDERS 25.
- Coordinate between various departments and all stakeholders,
- Ensure compliance of all applicable laws and
- Develop mutual trust between various stakeholders
- The person must have adequate knowledge of Management and Law
Functionsof A Company Secretary 26.
- COMPANY POLICIES
OPERATIONAL PLANNING AND EXECUTION BOARD OF DIRECTORS CORPORATE PLANNING LEGAL FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS HUMANRESOURCES CORPORATECOMMUNICATION PRODUCTIONAND OPERATIONS MARKETING INFORMATIONTECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENTS IN A COMPANY EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS COMPANY SECRETARY CS is the Principal Officer of the Company DIR A DIR B DIR C DIR D DIR E INVESTORS GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORS SOCIETY SUPPLIERS CUSTOMERS LENDERS 27. Company Secretary in Employment Company Policies Management Functions RegulatoryCompliances Ethics and Mutual Trust COMPANY SECRETARY navigates the CORPORATE GROWTH with GOOD GOVERNANCE 28.
- Company Secretary is a
- Special Kind of Generalist
- who contributes significantly in all
- departments of the Company
- Knowledge of both Management and Law becomes his USP and Core Competence
- WhetherDegree of Company Secretary alone is Sufficient?
- Value Creation through Various Segments
- Segment wise role of
- Company Secretary
- Specialization of Company Secretaries
- vary from Segment to Segment
35. Different Services DUE DILIGENCE DOCUMENTATION COMPLIANCES REPRESENTATION CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AUDIT ADVISORY 36. DifferentKnowledge Areas IPR& GENERALBUSINESS LAWS STRATEGICMANAGEMENT CORPORATE ANDSECURITIES LAWS FINANCE, ACCOUNTs AND TAXATION IT ANDCYBER LAWS HRD AND INDUSTRIAL LAWS ENVIRONMENT LAWS INTERNATIONALTRADE LAW 37. Different Corporate Structures Public Sector Undertakings Private Limited Companies Trusts And NGOs Coop Societies AndProducer Companies Municipal Boards Semi-government Organisation Unlisted Public Companies Listed Public Companies Unexplored Organisations 38. Different Industries Media AndEntertainmentInfrastructure,Power And Telecom IT Solutions IT EnabledServices And BPO Textiles Tourism And Hotel Capital Market AndIts Intermediaries Engineering andConstruction FMCGAgriculture And Food ProcessingCapital GoodsDrugs, PharmaAnd Healthcare Banking And NBFC Financial Services 39. Different Scales of Operations SMALL SCALE MEDIUM SCALE LARGE SCALE 40. Different Geographies Global Operations Indian Operations 41.
- TimeHas Come to GoGlobal
- Globalization of trade in goods and services
- will increase demand in foreign countries
43. International Opportunities
- Corporate Governance
- Advisory and Compliances in Multinational Regulatory Environment
- Investment Advisory
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Commercial Arbitration and ADR
- Cross Border Restructuring
- LPO and KPO
- International Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Impact of
- Information Technology
45. The IT Revolution How IT can change theProfessionals Life 46. The IT Revolution A thought few years back. which has become a reality now!!! 47. The IT Revolution PEN PC 48. The IT Revolution PEN PC 49. The IT Revolution PEN PC 50. The IT Revolution Virtual Keyboard 51. The IT Revolution Virtual Keyboard 52. The IT Revolution Virtual Keyboard 53. How much time we are devoting forRoutineComplianceStrategyPlanning 54. Challenges for Company Secretaries An Ordinary Company Secretary I Don't Have Time 80% 20% Notices Agenda Minutes Registers Returns Checklists Strategy Research Representation Problem Solving Management Coordination 55. Use Tools available On Takeover Code 56. Use Tools available On Limited Liability Partnership 57. Use Tools available On Delisting 58. Use ToolsAvailable On Corporate Compliance Management 59. Use Tools availableOn Startbiz 60. Use Tools available On Due Diligence 61. IT Enabled Company Secretary Give Me More Work IT is a Powerful Tool for Company Secretaries 20% 80% Notices Agenda Minutes Registers Returns Checklists Strategy Research Representation Problem Solving Management MIS 62. IT is a Powerful Tool for Company Secretaries IT Enabled CS Does A Lot and Keeps Everyone Happy INVESTORS GOVERNMENT SOCIETY SUPPLIERS CUSTOMERS LENDERS CORPORATE PLANNING LEGAL FINANCE & ACCOUNTS HUMANRESOURCES PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS MARKETING INFORMATIONTECHNOLOGY EMPLOYEES 63. C- C ommerce 64.
- Teams win Matches
- Be it Sports or Practicing Firms
66. Global Success Call for Synergy of Brand Knowledge
LetCollaborationbe Buzz Word for Us 67. Quality ofService Commerce Brand Synergy Infrastructure Synergy Capital Synergy Collaborative Commerce Single Window Interface Knowledge Synergy Global Presence Growing Revenues Growing Customers Growing Nations CS + CA + CWA + MBA + LLB Corporate Laws Economic Laws Taxation Laws WTO & IPR International Trade Law IT & BPO Management Consulting Finance andAccounting 68. Advantages of Mega Firms
- Risk Minimization
- Wider Area of Expertise
- Wider Geographic Reach
- Firms Strength Enhancing Brand Equity
- Active Networking and Public Relations
- Infrastructure Sharing
- Overhead Sharing
- Close Self Help Group
- Best Practices/ Expertise in Firm Management
- "A man, as a general rule, owes very little to what he is born with ? A man iswhat he makes himself ."
- -Alexander Graham Bell
- No excusesfor beingun-updated
72. Don't try too hard to fit in;You were born to stand out . 73. Avenues inChanging BusinessDynamics 74. No more Old Laws.. Its Time To Change 75. Arena of Change 76. Laws That Are Already Changed 77. Still More Changes to come 78.
- Success Mantra for
- Company Secretaries
79. To teach you the some of the lessons from the treasure called life Let me share a story with you on ACHIEVING YOUR DREAMS 80. The story about the tiny frogs.... 81. There once was a bunch of tiny frogs... ... who arranged a running competition.The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower. 82. A big crowd had gatheredaround the tower to seethe race and cheer on the contestants... The race began... 83. Honestly:No one in crowd really believed that thetiny frogs would reach the top of the tower.You heard statements such as:"Oh, WAY too difficult!!They will NEVER make it to the top."or:"Not a chance that they will succeed.The tower is too high!" 84. The tiny frogs began collapsing. One by one... 85. ... Except for those who in a fresh tempowere climbing higher and higher... 86. The crowd continued to yell"It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!" 87. More tiny frogs got tired and gave up......But ONE continued higher and higher and higher... 88. This one wouldn't give up! 89. At the end everyone else hadgiven up climbing the tower. Except for the one tiny frog who after a bigeffortwas the only one who reached the top!THEN all of the other tiny frogs naturallywanted to know how this one frog managed to do it? 90. contestant asked the tiny frog how the onewho succeeded had found the strength to reach the goal?It turned out... 91. That the winner was DEAF!!!! 92. Itturned out...That the winner was DEAF!!!!The wisdom of this story is:Never listen to other people's tendencies to benegative or pessimistic......cause they take your most wonderful dreams andwishes away from you....The ones you have in your heart! 93. Always think of the power words have.Because everything you hear and read will affect your actions!Therefore: ALWAYS be... POSITIVE! 94. And above all: Be DEAF when people tell YOU thatYOU can not fulfil YOUR dreams!Always think: I CAN DO THIS! 95.
- Opportunities are Unlimited
- Leaders Create Opportunities
- and keep growing higher and higher
- Incompetents wait for Opportunities
- and they keep on waiting
- Its just a matter of
- Creativity ,Confidence and Communication
- and alsoPerceptionandPositive Thinking
- Now.you will become
- We shouldunderstand the Role of Both
- ICSI& You
102. Finally Profession is like a Car Race 103. Finally Profession is like a Car Race 104. ICSI helpsYou Design the Car 105. ICSI guidesyou The Road Ahead 106. ICSIteachesyou How to Drive the Car 107. ICSImakes rules for Safe Driving 108. ICSI givesyou License to Drive 109. who have to actually drive the car safelyand win the race Its YOU 110.