wildwood state of the school
Click here to load reader
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONState of the School
- 1. Wildwood Elementary Magnify Our Strengths 2007-2008 State of the School Address Puyallup School District
2. PSD Mission Statement
- Supported by families in our diverse community, the Puyallup School District challenges its students to achieve their academic, creative and physical potential.
3. Wildwoods Vision/Mission
- Wildwood is a partnership of learners composed of students, teachers, parents, and community. We are dedicated to using a variety of learning and assessment strategies, resources, and technology in order to help students meet their full potential. We strive to provide a positive environment that is safe and inviting for all.
4. Strategic Directions Student Achievement Equity&EqualOpportunity Communication Effective A ccountability 5. StudentAchievement 6. Student Achievement
- Update Goal 1.1
- Increase academic rigor for all students.
- K-12 program for academically talented students.
- Remediation/intervention model.
- Elementary magnet program.
- Update Goal 1.2
- Demonstrate incremental continuous improvement by annually decreasing the number of students not meeting the reading and math standard by 10%.
Student Achievement 8. Wildwood Initiatives
- Math Focus
- DMI Training
- Computation Fluency
Student Achievement 9. Equity & Equal Opportunity 10.
- Update Goal 2.1
- Continue implementation of an evaluation system for administrators, and research and design an evaluation system for certificated staff for implementation in 2007-2008.
- Goal 2.2
- Implement an articulated professional development program and train staff in support of the 2006-2008 goals.
- Goal 2.3
- Increase culturally competence system-wide.
Equity & Equal Opportunity 11. Wildwood Initiatives Equity & Equal Opportunity
- Reach Seed Curriculum
- Diversity Team
12. Effective Communication 13.
- Goal 3.1
- Implement and align policy and appropriate resources supportive of the 2006-2008 goals.
- Goal 3.2
- Strengthen communications between schools and parents including the engagement of parents in the schools Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP).
- Goal 3.3
- Continue the implementation of the districts communications plan including the development of strategies to communicate the need for new schools.
Effective Communication 14. Wildwood Initiatives
- Parent Newsletters
- Starbucks w/ Mr. Malone
Effective Communication 15. Accountability 16.
- Goal 4.1
- Examine facility needs for 2006-2010 and develop a funding plan in order to provide students a safe, appropriate, and equitable physical learning environment.
- Goal 4.2
- Based on the results of the Technology Study, implement phase one of the Technology Plan.
- Goal 4.3
- Open new or relocated facilities as scheduled including Carson & Edgerton Elementary, Kalles Junior High, and the Information Technology Center.
- Goal 4.4
- Develop, implement, and communicate a process for decision-making throughout all levels of the district.
- Goal 4.5
- Maintain a minimum 5% General Fund ending fund balance, exclusive of carryover commitments, in order to demonstrate financial stability and be responsive to emergency needs.
Accountability 18. Wildwood Initiatives
- Technology Integration
- Mobile Lab Training
Accountability 19. Wildwood Elementary Magnify Our Strengths 2007-2008 Strategic Directions & Goals Puyallup School District