assignment 4 doc topic ideas draft 2
Embed Size (px)
Assignment 4: Documentary Topicsdraft 2
Topic 1: Are today’s teens going overboard?• Do all teens just smoke and drink & Are
teenagers just drinking and smoking to act ‘cool’ for friends or is it a cry for help?
• Are all teens the same or a?• What influences teenagers to behave the
way they do?• I will discuss how the internet influences
drinking by such challenges as the ‘Drinking Game’ for various TV shows.
Debate:- Are todays teens getting out of
hand? And is it the medias fault or is it their parents?
- Why does the media and parents criticise teenagers for drink and smoking, when their main influence is TV’s such as skins and a The Inbetweeners.
Example over here: Skins Drinking Game
Additional InformationI will discuss:• If teenagers family status affects their
behaviour. Such as single-parent families, nuclear families etc.
• How parents smoking affects their children.
• How your location in the world affects your behaviour.
Effects of underage drinking include: - School problems, such as higher absence
and poor or failing grades.- Social problems, such as fighting and lack of
participation in youth activities.- Higher risk for suicide and homicide.- Memory problems.- Abuse of other drugs.- Death from alcohol poisoning.
Topic 2: Does good education guarantee a good job?
• Todays society is in the middle of a recession, meaning many people are losing their jobs and having qualifications does not always mean a guaranteed job.
• Also, many people are being replaced by machines that can do their jobs quicker and more efficiently for less of the cost.
Debate:- Are good grades and a degree
essential to having a ‘good job’?- What is the effect of having a
degree vs not having one?- Does good grades always mean
good university?- Does a degree always mean
dream job?- Is further education essential
for a ‘good’ job?
Employment rate then and now
Topic 3: Does music change our perceptions of reality?
• Music videos we see today• Lyrics in music today• etc
Debate:- Does the music people
listen to influence their life/everyday choices?
I will discuss:- How lyrics can influence ones
behaviour (rap music etc)- Does music of today change
our perceptions of reality?
Person Topic Why?
Karina, 37 1 I would like to know what todays teenagers are up to.
Adina, 12 3 I like music and I would like to learn more about it.
Maria, 17 2 Its an interesting subject and many can relate to it.
Tajah, 7 3 Because I really like music and listening to it.
Rebecca, 17 1 I think it would be fun to watch this and compare teens to myself and friends.
Amanda, 17 1 Teenagers are stereotyped a lot and it would be interesting to see things from their POV.
Shenae, 11 2 I think school is important and going to university
Chante, 17 3 I’m a fan of different types of music and this sounds interesting.
Annette, 40 2 I think it’s a really important topic that lots of people need to learn about.
• “Do all teens just smoke and drink & engage in ‘destructive’ behaviour?
• Are all teens the same?
• What influences teenagers to behave the way they
• As a teenager, I can see from their point of view
• I can interview my peers for the documentary
• I can find arguments for and against arguments raised
• It is a practical topic• It is an everyday
issue/question• Our environment allows us to
meet and question several different types of people about this topic.