of 36 /36
Embed Size (px)
- The Piano
- There are different kinds of pianos. The biggest, prettiest one is called a grand piano.
- Another kind is an upright piano.
- A smaller kind of piano is called a spinet piano.
- Here is what the inside of a grand piano looks like.
- When you press a piano key, it makes a hammer hit a string. (video)
- A full piano keyboard has 88 keys!
- Here are some piano keys.
- In the middle of the keyboard is a note called Middle C.
- The other keys have names too C, D, E, F, G, then A, B, then C again.
- How many Cs can you find? How many As? How many Fs?
- You make music with a keyboard by playing the keys.
- You play the keys with your fingers, of course,
- with your thumb on Middle C. (Thats #1 in this picture.)
- The black keys are called sharps and flats. The white keys are called natural notes.
- The black keys come in sets of two
- and in sets of three.
- Do you see the sets of two and three? They go 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3
- Down at the bottom of a piano are pedals.
- If you ever want to learn piano, you need to play often and carefully. The word for this is practice.
- A piano teacher can help you learn. You can take lessons.
- A piano player is called a pianist.
- There have been many famous pianists. Franz Liszt was very famous both for playing the piano and for writing music.
- Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin were all famous as pianists.
- Another famous pianist, who also wrote music, was Sergei Rachmaninoff. You can still hear his music .
- You can also still hear the music of Josef Hoffman ,
- Arthur Rubenstein ,
- Vladimir Horowitz ,
- Sviatoslav Richter ,
- Glenn Gould ,
- Martha Argerich ,
- Marc Andre Hamelin , and Lang Lang .
- The End