the story of story
Embed Size (px)
THE STORY OF STORYDigitally Remastering the Story
• Stories were told through pictures on cave walls
• Language developed and storytellers spread the story
Language Develops Form• Writing is Invented
Form becomes Function• The Printing Press is invented • Books are readily available.
NEXTTechnology Changes Everything
Now the Story Changes . . .
• Digitally Remastering the Story
DIGITAL STORYTELLING IS BORNDigital Cameras become inexpensiveThe World Wide Web becomes almost ubiquitous
Laptop computers become inexpensiveSmartphones and tablets rival computer processing and media manipulation
DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP IS BORN• And according to Marc Prensky a
new type of student is born “digital natives and their teachers “digital immigrants.”
• As a teacher we can bridge this gap by employing their language
• It was done during the agrarian society
• It was done during the industrial revolution
• And in doing so we can create dialog and a digital explanation
“A BRAVE NEW WORLD”• My 3rd grade students perform “Webquest”• My 5th grade students created a digital artifact describing The Pledge of
Allegiance • My ASD Students worked with Zac Browser, Mega Math, and SpellingCity
with amazing data tracked results• My 2nd grade students are now creating digital cities by drawing the town,
mapping out the fire station, police station, city hall, school, and other city locales. They have elected a mayor and will soon have a reelection.
• We have taken 3 digital Field trips to: The Great Wall of China, Smithsonian, and the Eiffel Tower
• We will be Skyping with a friend in Australia later this year.• The world truly is at your fingertips.
YOU HAVE A CHOICEFace and Embrace
Stick your head in the sand