famous russian artists
Click here to load reader
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Famous russian artists Arhip Kuinji
- 2. Introduction.During his life Arkhip Kuinji experienced loud fame and oblivion, the wide popularity and misunderstanding. It appears that he was glorified not forwhat he was great. His contribution to Russian art is still not appreciated.
- 3. Speaking about his art is much broader than studies of his work. Theattention to his extraordinary personality, his biography is attracted more than to originality and importance of his art. The uniqueness of his destiny largely predetermined the nature of his unusual art. But his fate was truly amazing.
- 4. Arkhip Kuinji - a famous Russianlandscapist, was born January 15,1841. He studied in Aivazovskysstudio and a short time at theAcademy of Fine Arts, from which in 1878 he graduated with the title of class artist of 1 degree.
- 5. The first of his paintings "Tatar village in the moonlight," "St. Isaacs Cathedral in the moonlight",
- 6. "Views of Balaam and LakeLadoga" still unclear pointed hisstyle.
- 7. Then came"AbandonedVillage,""Moonlit Nightin the Ukraine",which gave himgreat fameamong thepublic.
- 8. These were followed by"Field and the riverbefore the storm ","Night on the DnieperRiver", " Birches in themeadow ","Birch Grove"
- 9. " Morning on the Dnieper "," Sunset in the woods"
- 10. And etc.("Autumn","Autumn thaw ")
- 11. "Elbrus. Moonlit night","Night"
- 12. Kuinji reminds Aivazovsky by the general impression of the paintings. His pictures are sometimes full of optical illusions. Particular excitementwas made by his "Night on the Dnieper River", where the moonlight on theriver in the distance is expressed with a complete illusion. It is his most famous painting.
- 13. My favourite work by Kuinji is The landscape. It was painted in 1874. Inmy opinion, this picture is charming. It is made in cold colours, which echo with each other. This picture represents trees(in the foreground) and the sky(in the background) and produces lyrical impression.
- 14. ConclusionI can infinitely speak about the life and work of each man, espessially aboutsuch talented and bright artist as Arkhip Kuinji. But today I didnt follow theaim of informing you about some important facts or dates. My desire was tomake you feel emotional contents of the Kuinjis creativity, the main idea that Kuinji wanted to bring to further generations. For me Kuinji is more than just an artist.