overview some ideas, will lead to witnessing opportunities. 1. ministries to meet the needs of the...
Embed Size (px)
Overview some ideas ,
Will lead to witnessing opportunities.
1. Ministries to meet the needs of the people.
2. Ministries to reach people with the gospel.
• Community Evangelism:
• Implement ministry-based evangelism
• Baptist Centers, Pregnancy Care Ministries, Homeless, Substance Abuse, Literacy, Community Ministries, Disabilities Awareness, Hunger, Welfare to Work, Medical.
His Heart, Our Hands Tool Kit
• Community Evangelistic Ministries• Recommend you read the chapter on Community
and Ministry in “Effective Evangelistic Churches” by Dr Thom Rainer, dean of evangelism and church growth at Southern Seminary.
• A balance between ministry and evangelism.• Empowered by the Holy Spirit
• Have a continuous evangelism training, visiting, witnessing, and assimilation.
• Teach and preach on lifestyle evangelism.• Church leaders, Deacons, Sunday School leaders,
and spouses weekly evangelism. • Must impact your culture, connect, Get outside the
walls!• Must create mission minded ministry.
• Have a weekly prayer meeting where the lost are prayed for by name.
• Establish a prayer team to pray for visitation teams.
• Establish continuous prayer and evangelism training classes.
• Ministries your Church can begin to meet social needs and share the gospel.
• Backyard Bible club• Multi-housing Bible studies for kids• Ethnic mission church • Benevolence Ministry • Support Groups • Crisis Ministry• Food assistance• Clothing Store• Church Planting ministry • Taxi service
• Crisis Pregnancy ministry – offer counseling not abortion.
• Home for unwed mothers• Women’s (day time) Bible studies • Mother’s morning out program• Day Care ministry • Women’s support/mentoring groups• Single moms support groups/job skills training
• Discipleship Classes – spiritual growth• The Man God Uses, Henry Blackaby• Disciplines of a Godly Man,
R. Kent Hughes• Accountability Groups• Bible Study on how to love your wife,
Ephesians • Crisis Management
• Both parents working; Children raised by other family members; Children raised by the TV.
• Opportunity to impact children, show God’s love and forgiveness.
• Latch-Key ministry• After school program• Tutoring ministry• Introduce your Children to God • Art classes• Writing classes • Sports ministry
• Society lay wasted; Divorce dividing marriages• Immigrants in our communities; Impact your community• Divorce Recovery• Addiction Recovery• Eating Disorders• Single Parents• Children of Divorced Parents• Parents of Divorced Children• ESL – English as a second Language
• Society is changing, pluralistic.
• The family to reach families
• Reach your neighbors
• Open doors to connect and share the gospel.
• New Parents Class• Potty Training Class• New Mother’s Class• New Neighbor’s Class• Communication Classes for families• Marriage Enrichment Classes• Newly-Wed Class – NAMB materials• Family supper ministry• Laundromat Ministry: one night a week
• One way to get to know your community is by offering a ministry that will provide for children. Pre-Christian parents will enroll their children in a Christian day school. The ministry will open doors to impact these parents during special holiday events.
• Community: Ministry• Open Doors to evangelize • Day Care• Wee School• Home School Classes• Basketball, Baseball teams & instruction• Sports Evangelism Clinics• Gardening Classes
Our community has grown up without knowledge of God.
Expects call our society secular.A PSG will create opportunities to share
with seekers and discuss and seek God in a non-offensive place.
A PSG is an environment to meet God at your own pace.
• Coffee House or gathering place where people can discuss spiritual matters
• Find a common ground to connect
• Point to God gradually
• Make gentle offers for salvation
• Pray for the individual(s) to be saved
• An Attitude of Agapé LoveGod’s unconditional Love
• A burden and concern for your community
• You are in the community that God wants you to reach
• What are you doing to reach them?
• Look for a need and define ways to meet that need.
• Seek God through prayer. Ask God to provide the funds, the workers, if you are the person
• If not you, then who? • If not now, then when?
• His Heart,Our Hands
• A Ministry EvangelismTool Kit
• Purchase through www.namb.net
• Or call, 1 (866) 407-6262
Every believer should serve Christ according to his or her spiritual gifts.
3 Basic facts:1. Every believer has at least one. 1
Cor. 7:72. Know your spiritual gift(s). 1 Cor. 12:13. Use your gifts to serve Christ. Rom.
Why use your Spiritual gifts?
1. Prayer: provides direction, prepares the ministry for evangelism.
2. Share the vision: people must catch the vision.
3. Assess Community Needs4. Determine Giftedness5. Match Community Needs with Church
6.Plan the Ministry: Develop a Mission Statement.
Core Values: Determine what ministries to establish; prepare objectives, goals, action plans. Implement actions.
7.Equip people to intentionally share the gospel.
8.Sponsor special events as a bridge to the lost.